The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 21, 2023, 01:06pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Timeouts ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I'll stop at the table and ask both books to confirm the number of timeouts so that if there is any discrepancy it is settled right then and there.
Me too, at any break in the fourth period when I'm near the table.

I like to know when teams have one timeout left. It sets me up to be prepared to tell coaches if and when they have used their last timeout.

Keeping that in mind, I do not inform coaches that they have "one timeout left", not my job.

Also, once I have informed coaches that they have used their last timeout, I will not question them (or their players) if they request an excessive timeout, not my job.

But I will take a extra second to make sure that they aren't yelling out a play such as "Five Out", as well as being 100% sure who is requesting such.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Jan 21, 2023 at 02:33pm.