The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 09, 2020, 06:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Additional breaks for having to breathe through masks. We play 18-minute halves in Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
So, you've effectively gone back to quarters but with a random point in time. Not a bad way to handle it.
Old Wed Dec 09, 2020, 10:34pm
Official Forum Member

In South Dakota we start this weekend. I have games this Fri, Sat, Tues, Fri, and Sat. Then I'm on Christmas vacation to sunny AZ although it was 70 here yesterday adn we were warmer than Miami.

Players do not wear masks; Officials can. Officials must use whistle cover of some sort. No jackets and can wear long sleeves (black) under the shirt. All throw ins are bounced from 6' away. All fans must wear masks and are opposit table. No pre-game captains or coaches meeting. Officials can choose where to stand for pre-game warmups they recommend table side(some school gyms are small and right next to fans). No visitors allowed at table (not sure how visitor book will be kept). Officials will self police;If you feel sick, don't go. Be ready 2 work 2-man if needed. Probably forgot some.

Roger
Old Thu Dec 10, 2020, 11:50am
Official Forum Member

going just fine, so far...

Things going just fine so far

1. Wearing my black neck gaiter during the games; no problems blowing whistle thru it, no problems communicating violations and fouls to the participants.

2. for the scorebook signage: I do not handle any paperwork at the Table--after verifying consistency between "scorebook entries" for players and "what I see on the court", I tell the scorebook lady to just put my "initials and date" in the Referee box. I do not handle her pen or paperwork.

3. pregame meeting is just betw me and coaches.

4. all players wipe down with hand sanitizer before entry to the game.

5. assistant coach is told to monitor players' wearing of masks for the bench personnel--no penalty is ever issued for non-compliance [to be honest I do not even pay attention to that factor during the game].

6. every site I've been to so far requires a temp scan prior to entry--which is fine with me.

7. game check payments seem to be coming into my refpay account faster than last season! (even for the notably slow-paying highschools).

I just keep pressing on, being conscientious & safe as best I can.
Old Sun Dec 13, 2020, 09:56pm
Official Forum Member

Nebraska hs

I have 6 games in started Dec 4, 2020.