The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jul 24, 2020, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

Nice Job Billy Mac

Of the 16 posts in this thread, you have 11. Only you can pad your stats with owning your thread !!!
Old Fri Jul 24, 2020, 10:43am
Esteemed Forum Member

Ancient Times ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Your right hand philosophy reminds me of the old "Cadillac Position" of forty years ago where the lead would spend 99% of his (no local female officials back then) time on the right side of the front court.
Not much need for terms like "table side" and "opposite table side" back then. On free throws the trail was always to free throw shooter's left, the lead was always on the right. Quarters started with a jump ball (no alternating possession arrow), although the referee did have to face the table (only the referee could toss back then). Technical foul free throws were followed by the offended team inbounding the ball from either side of the division line, the offended team chose which side.

Probably needed a table side and opposite table side for timeout positions, but that was a long time ago and I've forgotten. Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. will be moseying by after his late morning nap and I'm sure that he'll be pleased to enlighten us.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Jul 24, 2020 at 11:52am.
Old Fri Jul 24, 2020, 10:46am
Esteemed Forum Member

How Often Is The Pope On The Forum ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple Sports View Post
Of the 16 posts in this thread, you have 11. Only you can pad your stats with owning your thread !!!
Got to keep my post numbers up to maintain my Esteemed Forum Member status. One is not an Esteemed Forum Member for life, like the Pope, or a Supreme Court justice.

Actually it's two things, day job retirement, and COVID-19 boredom (no church (safety choice), no prison ministry (no volunteer visitors), no gym (safety choice), no library (closed), no senior center (closed), family quarantine (safety choice)).

I actually wake up each morning hoping that I don't run out of things (chores, hunting and gathering food, newspaper, magazines, bicycle ride, weekend kayak paddle) to do before dinner followed a few hours of television (no daytime television for me).

I'm also not a big nap fan like my buddy Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Jul 24, 2020 at 01:11pm.
Old Sun Jul 26, 2020, 01:51pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Check's In The Mail ...

Thanks for the input. I submitted the article to my publisher. Hopefully it will be accepted and published. The check that I get will finally allow me to purchase the villa in Tuscany that I've always wanted. I'm thinking about getting one with a vineyard and making wine.

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jul 26, 2020 at 02:35pm.