View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 24, 2020, 10:43am
Esteemed Forum Member

Ancient Times ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Your right hand philosophy reminds me of the old "Cadillac Position" of forty years ago where the lead would spend 99% of his (no local female officials back then) time on the right side of the front court.
Not much need for terms like "table side" and "opposite table side" back then. On free throws the trail was always to free throw shooter's left, the lead was always on the right. Quarters started with a jump ball (no alternating possession arrow), although the referee did have to face the table (only the referee could toss back then). Technical foul free throws were followed by the offended team inbounding the ball from either side of the division line, the offended team chose which side.

Probably needed a table side and opposite table side for timeout positions, but that was a long time ago and I've forgotten. Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. will be moseying by after his late morning nap and I'm sure that he'll be pleased to enlighten us.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Jul 24, 2020 at 11:52am.