Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 16, 2019, 04:37pm
Official Forum Member

UT UK 10.9 left

Unorthodox, but that's a charge. Whoops
Old Sat Mar 16, 2019, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

Blarge with about four minutes left. Trail signaled PC and L went block.
Around two minutes remaining there is a Kentucky drive from the wing and a blocking foul is called. Ugh.
Old Sun Mar 17, 2019, 03:59am
Official Forum Member

Yes I remember that one too. Can we get video of both? In earlier one, traffic needs to just signal foul and defer. Under rules, should have been both once he signed. Mine, no one mentioned on broadcast, but defense was actually fortuitously there
Old Sun Mar 17, 2019, 10:50pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedewed View Post
I wish the Center had stayed to referee the ball instead of heading down court ahead of the play.
Old Sun Mar 17, 2019, 11:24pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
It'll be on next season's training video as to why we have to have the discipline to come up with a fist first. One-on-one, still up high in the paint, I want Trail to get first crack at that. (and he would have been right, IMO)

Quote:
Around two minutes remaining there is a Kentucky drive from the wing and a blocking foul is called. Ugh.
It was 2:58. That play is about as close as possible for 2 opponents to get to the same spot at the same time. At the point of contact, the defender's knee is outside of his vertical base.
Old Mon Mar 18, 2019, 02:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:

Quote:

Peace
Old Mon Mar 18, 2019, 02:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedewed View Post

Peace
Old Mon Mar 18, 2019, 03:12pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks to Jeff for posting these three plays!
1. This is the T’s play to handle. It is a ballhandler and the primary defender from his PCA. The Lead should only get involved if/when a secondary defender comes over or if there is someone that the T can’t see because of the angle of the player’s bodies. The T seems to correctly have a PC foul, although he doesn’t ever give the hand behind the head signal as I thought I saw, but merely waves both of his arms twice while moving towards the division line. He also doesn’t ever put a fist up.

2. This play is more difficult than I thought. The defender’s left leg/knee is sticking out. If the official feels that this is where most of the contact occurs, a blocking foul would be a good decision. I’m not convinced that is the case, and the awkward placement of the defender’s left leg may make it appear that he is moving towards the offensive player at the time of contact, but I don’t believe that he is. My opinion is a PC due to most of the contact being with the torsos.

3. This one is a bit tricky because it may appear to the T that the defender is moving towards the ballhandler. I believe that he stops in time and gets knocked backwards by the offensive player who collected the rebound. I have PC on the Tenn player.
Old Tue Mar 19, 2019, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Thanks to Jeff for posting these three plays!
1. This is the T’s play to handle. It is a ballhandler and the primary defender from his PCA. The Lead should only get involved if/when a secondary defender comes over or if there is someone that the T can’t see because of the angle of the player’s bodies. The T seems to correctly have a PC foul, although he doesn’t ever give the hand behind the head signal as I thought I saw, but merely waves both of his arms twice while moving towards the division line. He also doesn’t ever put a fist up.

2. This play is more difficult than I thought. The defender’s left leg/knee is sticking out. If the official feels that this is where most of the contact occurs, a blocking foul would be a good decision. I’m not convinced that is the case, and the awkward placement of the defender’s left leg may make it appear that he is moving towards the offensive player at the time of contact, but I don’t believe that he is. My opinion is a PC due to most of the contact being with the torsos.

3. This one is a bit tricky because it may appear to the T that the defender is moving towards the ballhandler. I believe that he stops in time and gets knocked backwards by the offensive player who collected the rebound. I have PC on the Tenn player.
Agree with most of this only thing that I would say on #2 is I think that the knee moving forward does effect the shooter but it is a close play.