Thread: UT UK 10.9 left
View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 19, 2019, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Thanks to Jeff for posting these three plays!
1. This is the T’s play to handle. It is a ballhandler and the primary defender from his PCA. The Lead should only get involved if/when a secondary defender comes over or if there is someone that the T can’t see because of the angle of the player’s bodies. The T seems to correctly have a PC foul, although he doesn’t ever give the hand behind the head signal as I thought I saw, but merely waves both of his arms twice while moving towards the division line. He also doesn’t ever put a fist up.

2. This play is more difficult than I thought. The defender’s left leg/knee is sticking out. If the official feels that this is where most of the contact occurs, a blocking foul would be a good decision. I’m not convinced that is the case, and the awkward placement of the defender’s left leg may make it appear that he is moving towards the offensive player at the time of contact, but I don’t believe that he is. My opinion is a PC due to most of the contact being with the torsos.

3. This one is a bit tricky because it may appear to the T that the defender is moving towards the ballhandler. I believe that he stops in time and gets knocked backwards by the offensive player who collected the rebound. I have PC on the Tenn player.
Agree with most of this only thing that I would say on #2 is I think that the knee moving forward does effect the shooter but it is a close play.