The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 31, 2019, 02:21pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I am lost because I don't knwo to whom you are referring ot to what group you are referring.

I am glad that I don't use Face Crook (well -- I had to set up an account for one specific purpose that I use once a year. Never otherwise go on it. tried my damnedest to enter as little as possible and lock down all settings.)
The name of his group is similar to what his moniker was on this site. And I believe at some point he used his real name on this site. I know there is an official who is originally from Indiana and now lives in Vegas and used to frequent this forum who has had a quite a few run-ins with him.

Last edited by Raymond; Thu Jan 31, 2019 at 03:04pm.
Old Thu Jan 31, 2019, 02:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
The name of his group is similar to what his moniker was on this site. And I believe at some point he used his real name on this site. I know their is an official who is originally from Indiana and now lives in Vegas and used to frequent this forum who has had a quite a few run-ins with him.
Called him out big time too. But I will leave it there.

Peace
Old Thu Jan 31, 2019, 06:17pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Is this the "Basketball Officials" group run by a former regular member of this site?

Peace

Jeff:

It may be. LOL! He banned Mark, Jr., after Mark, Jr., quoted Chapter and Verse to prove his point. He continued to tell Mark that he was wrong and Mark to exception to that and told him bluntly that either follow the Rules are stop officiating. Next thing you know Junior is banned.

I don't think I have been banned by him but he has blocked me from sending FB Messages to him. Before me started blocking my FB Messages I asked him why he didn't post here anymore and he told me that he did not want anything to do with us anymore.

And to think that were a couple of times that he and I collaborated on a couple of incorrect Struckhoof Rulings to get them corrected. I really do not know what made his attitude change.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Fri Feb 01, 2019, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Hey, your group owner didn't throw you out of all his groups and block you so you don't even see them. Then unfriend you and block you on FB and block you on Twitter for good measure.

Wonder if we're talking about the same person?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Well, that sounds familiar. If the same dude, and I bet it is, he threw out a mentor of mine from the HS baseball group for daring post pro video to illustrate a teaching point. There's so little video of HS baseball, but that was the burr up his ass on that day - no pro video (and the tyrant was wrong on the rule too). When my friend/mentor asked why, he got booted. This guy was a former AAA umpire who did 2 MLB spring trainings - but none of that mattered to the idiot mod.

So when I called him on it, not only did I get booted from the baseball group, but also the basketball group and two football groups, blocked from all and unable to see them! Persona non grata.

F#% him.
Old Fri Feb 01, 2019, 09:48am
Official Forum Member

now im curious who this person is? or is it like Voldemort, and no one can say his name.
Old Fri Feb 01, 2019, 09:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
now im curious who this person is? or is it like Voldemort, and no one can say his name.
If not his name, what is the actual fb page called or how does one access it? I'm barely active on fb but I am now curious about the site.
Old Fri Feb 01, 2019, 10:34am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
BktBallRef is his name here. Tony H is his real name (I did not print his last name in full).

Peace
Old Fri Feb 01, 2019, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

I wondered what happened to him. I remembered him from 10 or so years ago and didn't seem that he was such a dude. He seemed "normal".
Old Fri Feb 01, 2019, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

People's insecurity leads them to say weird stuff and act like idiots...especially on the Facebooks, Twitters, etc.
Old Fri Feb 01, 2019, 11:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
BktBallRef is his name here. Tony H is his real name (I did not print his last name in full).

Peace
same dude, alright
Old Fri Feb 01, 2019, 01:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I wondered what happened to him. I remembered him from 10 or so years ago and didn't seem that he was such a dude. He seemed "normal".
Once he had "control" of his own forum, his opinion is the only right opinion. Others get deleted.
Old Fri Feb 01, 2019, 02:12pm
Official Forum Member

Power, even virtually; absolutely corrupts.
Old Fri Feb 01, 2019, 05:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Peace
I am surprised. That does not match my image of him from his postings here and other discussions at all.

In saying that, I am not diminishing Camron's (or others') account of what happened.
Old Fri Feb 01, 2019, 05:20pm
Get away from me, Steve.

I am going to close this thread. There's nothing good here and while I'm glad to see I'm not the only one, I'm sad it goes on at all.

The part that made me the most sad about this is that I considered him an "online friend." We don't see eye to eye politically, and I made a joke on Twitter as a reply to one of his tweets and he went all Defcon 1 on me. The next time I logged into FB, I couldn't even see those groups. And blocked. And unfriended. Etc.

This is one of those cases where some of the groups are pretty good, just run by a tyrannical despot.

Which I'm sure some people say about me here. And so it goes.
Closed Thread