The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 13, 2019, 07:37am
Esteemed Forum Member

Sign Of The Apocalypse ...

We have just been informed by both the our local interpreter and our state interpreter that players must be allowed to play with GPS ankle bracelets. If the coach doesn't have the paperwork from our state interscholastic sports governing body, we still allow the player to participate but inform coach to get the necessary paperwork and inform our assigner (who acts as a liaison between the schools and the state) of such.

Do the GPS ankle bracelets have to be the solid color black, white, beige, or the predominant color of the jersey?

In a related ruling, parole officers and probation officers will be considered bench personnel and will be allowed to stop and frisk and collect urine samples at any time in the game. Search warrants are unnecessary.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Jan 13, 2019, 11:09am
Ok is the new good

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
We have just been informed by both the our local interpreter and our state interpreter that players must be allowed to play with GPS ankle bracelets. If the coach doesn't have the paperwork from our state interscholastic sports governing body, we still allow the player to participate but inform coach to get the necessary paperwork and inform our assigner (who acts as a liaison between the schools and the state) of such.

Do the GPS ankle bracelets have to be the solid color black, white, beige, or the predominant color of the jersey?

In a related ruling, parole officers and probation officers will be considered bench personnel and will be allowed to stop and frisk and collect urine samples at any time in the game. Search warrants are unnecessary.
I guess not all of Connecticut is like Greenwich
Old Sun Jan 13, 2019, 01:22pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Just Because Our Governor Lives There ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rookie View Post
I guess not all of Connecticut is like Greenwich
Greenwich is in New York State, actually a sixth borough of New York City, it's not in Connecticut.

Sure they vote in Connecticut elections, and they pay taxes to Connecticut, but they all believe that they're New Yorkers that like riding trains.

Sit back and enjoy some classic Sheena Easton:

https://youtu.be/S_3vZYOYNYU
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jan 13, 2019 at 02:06pm.
Old Sun Jan 13, 2019, 05:41pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Insulin Pumps ...

In the same email blast with the GPS ankle bracelet interpretation was an interpretation for insulin pumps.

Legal by order of our state interscholastic sports governing body, no paperwork needed by the team nor the player.

I spotted one of these for the first time last year.

Wasn't sure what it was, maybe an antibiotic, drug, or chemotherapy delivery system?

Let it go with no questions asked, seemed to be medical device with no danger to any of the players.

Old Mon Jan 14, 2019, 12:58am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
In the same email blast with the GPS ankle bracelet interpretation was an interpretation for insulin pumps.

Legal by order of our state interscholastic sports governing body, no paperwork needed by the team nor the player.

I spotted one of these for the first time last year.

Wasn't sure what it was, maybe an antibiotic, drug, or chemotherapy delivery system?

Let it go with no questions asked, seemed to be medical device with no danger to any of the players.

I have always (with apologies to the late J. Dallas Shirley) as no different that glasses, contacts, or hearing aids.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio