The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 09, 2019, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Only thing I would add is that this was not a "make-up call." Clear displacement cause by the black player on the rebound.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2019, 03:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoebler View Post
Only thing I would add is that this was not a "make-up call." Clear displacement cause by the black player on the rebound.
This is why you do not listen to commentators, coaches or players for that matter. They think that we do things with an agenda. A clear foul was called on the rebounding action after the FF1. Even if I dislike the FF1 being called, why would I make another call I did not like. BTW, all three officials looked at the play and must have drawn a similar conclusion. It is a dumb rule, but that is the rule. The best way to change a rule is to keep calling it.

Peace
Old Wed Jan 09, 2019, 04:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Nowhere in the rules does it say that is it an automatic intentional (NFHS) or F1 (NCAA-M) foul to grab a jersey.
That's kinda the point, which you are missing of course. It is not needed.

On another note, it is not mentioned in the local newspaper flyer either but you will essentially find it in the NFHS case book around page 28.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2019, 06:36pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Grabs Jersey ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
... essentially find it in the NFHS case book around page 28.
4.19.3 SITUATION C: Team A leads by three points with four seconds remaining in the fourth quarter. Team A is to throw-in from a spot out of bounds on the end line. Players begin jockeying for positions just after the official has handed the ball to A1. B1, while trying to deny a pass from A1 to A2 (a) grabs A2’s jersey; or (b) pushes A2 from behind. RULING: In (a) and (b), it is an intentional personal foul designed to keep the clock from starting or to neutralize an opponent’s obvious advantageous position.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Jan 12, 2019, 07:48am
Official Forum Member

The above is not saying that all grabbing of the Jersey is F1, you need one of those circumstances. This hook and hold deal should be reserved for the situations where there's a danger of somebody getting hurt. I'm not even sure this video is a foul. The hook and hold should be something that last for a period of time and creates fanger
Old Sat Jan 12, 2019, 08:41am
Official Forum Member

Bothered me that the first player to seek the intertwining of arms was the Purdue player. He peeks back at the MSU player, than reaches his arm down specifically to get it inside his. Did the MSU player then clamp when the rebound shot off to their left? Well maybe. I don’t think so but three officials did, so I’ll defer to them. My point, with apologies for sounding immature, is that the Purdue player started it.

We could mandate that all arm locking is an immediate foul. But then that’s all we’d be looking for and we’d miss lots of other stuff. And we’d be going to the monitor endlessly. There doesn’t appear to be a good solution here. The dubious FF1 rule and interpretations notwithstanding, its uncomfortable to deal with the reality that’s it’s often the second guy who picks up the foul in these situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk