The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 25, 2018, 02:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I would allow one (the former) but I wouldn't allow the other (the later). The question on the floor is what rulebook, casebook, or annual interpretation, citation can we use to support our opinion?
None, at least for the former which you and I would allow. At least, I would allow it until the game got delayed to wipe up water (can't give an official DOG warning if it's not after a TO).

Ironically, Nevadaref normally is 100% by the book with no room for interpretation, and now on this issue he's the one making s*it up that doesn't have any rules support.
Old Sun Feb 25, 2018, 05:05pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by packersowner View Post
Had an odd one the other night.

1Q - shooting 2 FT's. I'm the T, I glance over my shoulder to see if we have a sub waiting after the first shot. I quickly realize something isn't right. The assistant coach is standing on the court with a whiteboard drawing up something for the 4 players not involved in the FT. HC is kneeling talking to a player with his back to the game. Then I realize that a student manager has brought water out to the 4 players and is also standing on the court.

I halted my partners from proceeding with the 2nd FT and said, "coach, I need you to take a seat. This isn't a timeout and we shouldn't have water on the court." At this point the head coach realizes whats happening and pops up saying, "what's a matter?" After a quick explanation, his response was, "we can't get a drink during a break?"

At that point I just walked away, obviously realizing that he is missing the bigger picture here. Any thoughts on handling this differently?
Generally I would allow this kind of standing during FT. I would address them being on the court however, they can do all those things while being off the court.