The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #46 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 09:02am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin green View Post
I will beat a dead horse. A couple of things you need to think about.
This is not a garbage play. You have claimed it is dirty. Sorry but it’s not.

What does the player do wrong? She stops. Let me reiterate she stops. You claim she put her butt out... but look how she stands.... she is entitled to any place on the floor she gets to first.... if she had the ball and stopped, would you say it is a dirty play?

It is not s a garbage play any more than a blinde side screen. Blind picks can be violent. It doesn’t mean it is cheap or garbage.

It’s not a bs screen. ... this is no different than a player slowing down to bunch up defenders so players team mate gets an easy layup ( the Legal moving screen)

You want to clean up a Legal play.

It was a contested play/screen on a steal not 80 feet from basket.

It makes no difference which way she was facing. If she turned 180 would you say the same thing? I doubt it... screening requires no particular way to face.

And lastly... you have no rule to back you up. Calling this is just making up something as you go along. Just because you didn’t like the play...what other rules do you make up because you thought play was garbage?

Some random thoughts....
All of this would be great stuff if it weren't built on the false premise that it was legal. I don't see it as a legal screen because she puts her backside/hips into the defender. Good thoughts though. As I said, no reason to beat a dead horse as to why I see it as illegal, if you need to see my thoughts on that, feel free to scroll through them. I've read through everyone else's thoughts on what they saw and it sounds like I'm not the only one who sees an illegal screen. Have a good week, fellas.
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 09:09am
Courageous When Prudent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 14,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
All of this would be great stuff if it weren't built on the false premise that it was legal. I don't see it as a legal screen because she puts her backside/hips into the defender. Good thoughts though. As I said, no reason to beat a dead horse as to why I see it as illegal, if you need to see my thoughts on that, feel free to scroll through them. I've read through everyone else's thoughts on what they saw and it sounds like I'm not the only one who sees an illegal screen. Have a good week, fellas.
The defender ran squarely into the small of the screener's back; that won't change no matter how much you are upset about the play. Her a$$ & hips had nothing to do with the contact.
__________________
A-hole formerly known as BNR
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 09:22am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
The defender ran squarely into the small of the screener's back; that won't change no matter how much you are upset about the play. Her a$$ & hips had nothing to do with the contact.
I'm not upset about the play. I just don't agree with you. Continuing to say the same thing that I don't agree with isn't going to change my mind. Appreciate your perspective though.
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 09:53am
Courageous When Prudent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 14,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
I'm not upset about the play. I just don't agree with you. Continuing to say the same thing that I don't agree with isn't going to change my mind. Appreciate your perspective though.
Video doesn't lie. Has nothing to do with philosophies or agreement or anything else.

I use video to get better, not to validate my opinions.
__________________
A-hole formerly known as BNR

Last edited by Raymond; Mon Dec 18, 2017 at 10:45am.
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 10:47am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 536
I'm not exactly extremely tech savvy and for whatever reason, my pictures are too big to post here. Here is a Google draw frame-by-frame. You're telling me in these pics, if she were leaning that much on a defender coming from her front (leaning in any direction, front, side-to-side), you aren't calling that illegal?

Last edited by UNIgiantslayers; Mon Dec 18, 2017 at 10:51am.
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 10:50am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 536
Maybe this will work



Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 10:52am
Do not give a damn!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: On the border
Posts: 30,478
No because she stopped. And she ran directly into her back. She did not stick her butt out, she ran into her no matter what she did because the defender was not paying at all attention.

Sorry, but if that is your logic, it is not very good logic. And this is why you cannot show pictures because her feet a planted on the floor and the defender runs directly into her.

Peace
__________________
Let us get into "Good Trouble."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Charles Michael “Mick” Chambers (1947-2010)
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 10:55am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 536
I don't have the NCAA book handy here, but here's Fed rules for screening:

(d.) The screener must stay within his/her vertical plane with a stance approximately shoulder width apart.

Is she within her vertical plane?
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 11:09am
Do not give a damn!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: On the border
Posts: 30,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
I don't have the NCAA book handy here, but here's Fed rules for screening:

(d.) The screener must stay within his/her vertical plane with a stance approximately shoulder width apart.

Is she within her vertical plane?
Yes she is. She stopped. Her body was clearly in her space. She did not exaggerate her space to cause any contact with the defender. You obviously did not look at where she made contact with the screener's back on your created picture. She did not run into her butt, she ran into the square part of her back.

Peace
__________________
Let us get into "Good Trouble."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Charles Michael “Mick” Chambers (1947-2010)
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 11:16am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 536
I will respectfully agree to disagree. Have a great week.
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 11:25am
Courageous When Prudent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 14,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
I don't have the NCAA book handy here, but here's Fed rules for screening:

(d.) The screener must stay within his/her vertical plane with a stance approximately shoulder width apart.

Is she within her vertical plane?
The NCAA-Men's rule is similar. But if contact is to the torso, the legality of the stance is irrelevant. It's been brought up in at least 75% of the college pre-games I've had this season.
__________________
A-hole formerly known as BNR

Last edited by Raymond; Mon Dec 18, 2017 at 11:28am.
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 11:26am
Courageous When Prudent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 14,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
I will respectfully agree to disagree. Have a great week.
These passive-aggressive responses do nothing to improve your play-calling.
__________________
A-hole formerly known as BNR
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 11:32am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
The NCAA-Men's rule is similar. But if contact is to the torso, the legality of the stance is irrelevant.
Can you show me the rule that says contact to the torso makes legality of the stance irrelevant?

Just to clarify, if the same screen takes place, but she is rotated 90 degrees to her right, and her feet are in the same spot but her shoulders are 2 feet to the right of her feet and the contact is to the torso, is that legal?
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 11:33am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
These passive-aggressive responses do nothing to improve your play-calling.
That's not passive aggressive. I'm telling you I don't agree with you. Go take a nap.
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 11:39am
Courageous When Prudent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 14,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
That's not passive aggressive. I'm telling you I don't agree with you. Go take a nap.
Being an a****** won't improve your officiating either.

You been making smart-ass comments the entire thread so don't be surprised when you get blowback

I'll still be working tonigh,t tomorrow, and Wednesday after which I'll be happy to take a nap.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
__________________
A-hole formerly known as BNR
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NBA playoffs illegal screens JMUplayer Basketball 8 Sat May 23, 2015 12:24pm
Illegal Screens riden Basketball 62 Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:45am
Illegal screens johnsatchmo Basketball 33 Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:44am
illegal screens ?? ChrisSportsFan Basketball 3 Sun Mar 06, 2005 04:07pm
screens or illegal picks jerrydhodges Basketball 3 Tue May 02, 2000 08:40am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1