The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 01, 2017, 05:32pm
Official Forum Member

I bought a pair (pleated) over the summer. After wearing them to my first game this season, I bought another. I like that they are light. Much more comfortable than any pants I've previously worn.
Old Sat Dec 02, 2017, 12:00pm
This IS My Social Life

"Athletic Cut"???

Someone at the area post-game gathering last night stated that some suppliers offer an "athletic cut" style which might not feature those overly-baggy pants legs that the Smitty's and Cliff Keen brand pants I ordered have.
Anybody informed about "athletic cut" who knows where I can find them?
Old Sat Dec 02, 2017, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Someone at the area post-game gathering last night stated that some suppliers offer an "athletic cut" style which might not feature those overly-baggy pants legs that the Smitty's and Cliff Keen brand pants I ordered have.
Anybody informed about "athletic cut" who knows where I can find them?
Actually, I think the athletic cut is the opposite...more room in the thighs to account for more muscle. It may be that the Smitty and Cliff Keen are already athletic cut.
Old Tue Dec 05, 2017, 07:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griblets View Post
They offer flat and pleated pleated! I have two pair pleated and love them.
I see that now - when I ordered mine only the flat front was available. Wish I had known they were coming out with the pleated - I would have waited.
Old Sun Nov 18, 2018, 02:50pm
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Newly arrived today: Gerry Davis and Smitty's. Same problems as with last five pair of pants from various suppliers:
1) Smitty's and faux Sansibelt "rise" is so tall the bottom of the crotch goes 3/4 of the way to my knees. I could be a horse and still have plenty of room. Gerry Davis pants don't have this problem, but . . .
2) When the waist actually fits well the legs are soooooo baggy I could fit another person in there.
Looking for someone who might have the same problems ordering who has found a solution to this.
I'm 5'10", 165 lbs.
Just wish I could find some pants that fit.
Anything?
I had to trash my email trash and trashed the promo I got several months ago about some brand of pants that have a different cut so that they aren't so bloomin' baggy in the legs and don't have a zipper that goes down past my knees. Anybody remember some newer brand or style that came out recently that advertised something like I'm looking for?
Old Mon Nov 19, 2018, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I had to trash my email trash and trashed the promo I got several months ago about some brand of pants that have a different cut so that they aren't so bloomin' baggy in the legs and don't have a zipper that goes down past my knees. Anybody remember some newer brand or style that came out recently that advertised something like I'm looking for?
I dont' have this problem with my Beltless Pants World pants.

https://beltlesspants.com/referee_pants.htm
Old Tue Nov 20, 2018, 10:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
https://purchaseofficials.com/collec...-referee-pants

These are what you're looking for. The regular pants are the "athletic" cut. I have two pair of those and they are fine, but rather baggy in the crotch and the legs are fairly roomy around the knees. I got a pair of these tapered cut pants and have worn them three times so far and I love them. I tried the flat front and they were too tight in the seat, so I went with the pleated front and they are great.
Old Tue Nov 20, 2018, 11:32am
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
https://purchaseofficials.com/collec...-referee-pants

These are what you're looking for. The regular pants are the "athletic" cut. I have two pair of those and they are fine, but rather baggy in the crotch and the legs are fairly roomy around the knees. I got a pair of these tapered cut pants and have worn them three times so far and I love them. I tried the flat front and they were too tight in the seat, so I went with the pleated front and they are great.
That's them... thanks! Got them today and they're just what I was looking for. Tighter fit with shorter rise so not baggy in the crotch.

Last edited by Freddy; Sat Nov 24, 2018 at 07:59am.