The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Need some new pants (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/102949-need-some-new-pants.html)

derwil Tue Sep 26, 2017 04:15pm

Need some new pants

Looking to purchase some new pants this year - my old ones are about worn out. I've been looking at the Gerry Davis site and have considered purchasing them - they make pretty good baseball/softball pants.

Also was looking at the new Smitty 4 way stretch pants, but the pics I've seen they don't really look that great.

Anyone have thoughts on them?

diehardmason Tue Sep 26, 2017 05:53pm

I like them. I have 3 pair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IncorrectCall Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:40am

Pentagon pants if you like a tailored look.

SE Minnestoa Re Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:15am

I have a pair of Davis pants with the adjustable tab. I can make them fit just right.

bob jenkins Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:38am

Beltless Pant World

zm1283 Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:29am

The Smitty 4-way stretch pants are absolutely the best pants I've worn. I have bought a pair each of the last two years and might get another couple pair just in case they stop making them. Very comfortable, light, and they move with you. I love them.

AremRed Fri Sep 29, 2017 07:19am

Two words: gabardine twill. I personally prefer the heavier fabric, and think it has a better look. I have the Smitty 4-way stretch and they are too light and drapey for me.

insimivalley Wed Nov 29, 2017 08:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by derwil (Post 1009418)
Looking to purchase some new pants this year - my old ones are about worn out. I've been looking at the Gerry Davis site and have considered purchasing them - they make pretty good baseball/softball pants.

Also was looking at the new Smitty 4 way stretch pants, but the pics I've seen they don't really look that great.

Anyone have thoughts on them?

Smitty nw lighter pants. Hoopsref.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Multiple Sports Thu Nov 30, 2017 03:11am

Smitty 4 way stretch !!!!!

www.officiallysports.com

Smitty Thu Nov 30, 2017 09:25am

I don't love the Smitty 4-way stretch. First, I don't like the non-pleated look. It just doesn't look clean - and I'm thin. The pants just don't look as nice in the front as the pleated to me. The feel of the fabric is weird as well against my skin. I like the lightness of the fabric but I don't like the feel. I wear long compression tights so it doesn't bother me as much as when I wear the compression shorts underneath. I bought a pair of Sansabelt pleated pants and those are ok, but I think I like the regular Smitty pleated the best of all. I just wish they were fitted better in the ass and legs to form better to your body so they don't always look like old man pants.

Mark Padgett Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05am

You should wear these during the playing of the Star Spangled Banner before the game.

https://www.tipsyelves.com/media/cat..._pants-1_1.jpg

AremRed Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:33am

That's a great idea for warmups Mark!

Mark Padgett Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:02pm

We are sometimes referred to as "Stripes". If you wore these pants during a game, they'd have to call you "Stars and Stripes."

Freddy Thu Nov 30, 2017 09:23pm

Newly arrived today: Gerry Davis and Smitty's. Same problems as with last five pair of pants from various suppliers:
1) Smitty's and faux Sansibelt "rise" is so tall the bottom of the crotch goes 3/4 of the way to my knees. I could be a horse and still have plenty of room. Gerry Davis pants don't have this problem, but . . .
2) When the waist actually fits well the legs are soooooo baggy I could fit another person in there.

Looking for someone who might have the same problems ordering who has found a solution to this.

I'm 5'10", 165 lbs.

Just wish I could find some pants that fit.

Anything?

griblets Fri Dec 01, 2017 05:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smitty (Post 1012072)
First, I don't like the non-pleated look. It just doesn't look clean.

They offer flat and pleated pleated! I have two pair pleated and love them.