The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 19, 2017, 05:01pm
Official Forum Member

foot over line but not on it

Question: helpside defender rotates over, gets there, heel on circle, but lifts heel and on contact toes are outside the circle, heel is over but not touching circle. is that charge or block? tia.
Old Sun Mar 19, 2017, 05:08pm
Official Forum Member

The NCAA rule is that the defender needs to be outside of the plane of the arc.
Over/above is not a legal position for a secondary defender.
Old Sun Mar 19, 2017, 05:14pm
Official Forum Member

thx
Old Sun Mar 19, 2017, 05:14pm
Official Forum Member

Watching Michigan St. vs. Kansas, are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Sun Mar 19, 2017, 05:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Watching Michigan St. vs. Kansas, are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you see Steratore while walking opposite before the FT? Reading his lips, "Nice F***ing Job," and pat on Luckie's butt on the way by
Old Sun Mar 19, 2017, 10:15pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Folks, if you want to discuss individual plays, go for it.

If you want to insult or deride the officials working the tournament, go find a fan or coach site to do it.

Future indiscretions will result in some time away.
Old Mon Mar 20, 2017, 07:25am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frezer11 View Post
Did you see Steratore while walking opposite before the FT? Reading his lips, "Nice F***ing Job," and pat on Luckie's butt on the way by
The game announcers, take them for what you will, gave props to this crew and especially their communication on this particular play.
Old Mon Mar 20, 2017, 08:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Folks, if you want to discuss individual plays, go for it.

If you want to insult or deride the officials working the tournament, go find a fan or coach site to do it.

Future indiscretions will result in some time away.
If this was directed at me, I apologize, but I think it was misinterpreted, I thought that was the perfect way to handle this. My comment was merely that it was funny that you could read his lips pretty easily, and I have no doubt he wasn't pissed at his partner, but rather genuinely telling him great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
The game announcers, take them for what you will, gave props to this crew and especially their communication on this particular play.
They did, and I agree, Again, I think this was exactly how you handle such a situation. The trail didn't come in and overrule or anything like, that,he simply stopped the lead before he reported, and gave him information on the play.

I don't think plays like this question your partners trust either, that could be misrepresented here. Rather, you are helping out when they were unable to see something. I actually think a call like this shows that the crew trusts each other more. I know I would feel a lot more comfortable stepping in to help out with this call with a guy who I trust and I know trusts me.
Old Mon Mar 20, 2017, 08:20am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
If this was directed at me, I apologize, but I think it was misinterpreted, I thought that was the perfect way to handle this. My comment was merely that it was funny that you could read his lips pretty easily, and I have no doubt he wasn't pissed at his partner, but rather genuinely telling him great job.

They did, and I agree, Again, I think this was exactly how you handle such a situation. The trail didn't come in and overrule or anything like, that,he simply stopped the lead before he reported, and gave him information on the play.

I don't think plays like this question your partners trust either, that could be misrepresented here. Rather, you are helping out when they were unable to see something. I actually think a call like this shows that the crew trusts each other more. I know I would feel a lot more comfortable stepping in to help out with this call with a guy who I trust and I know trusts me.
Actually, it is an expectation for the Center to provide this information to the Lead. And when the information is brought, it is to include the number of the defensive player and if the basket was made.
Old Mon Mar 20, 2017, 08:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Actually, it is an expectation for the Center to provide this information to the Lead. And when the information is brought, it is to include the number of the defensive player and if the basket was made.
Fair enough, but based on the play in question, I'd be surprised if the C had any kind of view at the play. The T was able to pick it up, and provided the information, so I think we had the same effect. Although I'm not sure he picked up the defensive player's number, my suspicion is that this is what they went to the monitor for.
Old Mon Mar 20, 2017, 09:03am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
If this was directed at me, I apologize, but I think it was misinterpreted, I thought that was the perfect way to handle this.
It was not, my apologies. I deleted the post that triggered my response.