View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 20, 2017, 08:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Folks, if you want to discuss individual plays, go for it.

If you want to insult or deride the officials working the tournament, go find a fan or coach site to do it.

Future indiscretions will result in some time away.
If this was directed at me, I apologize, but I think it was misinterpreted, I thought that was the perfect way to handle this. My comment was merely that it was funny that you could read his lips pretty easily, and I have no doubt he wasn't pissed at his partner, but rather genuinely telling him great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
The game announcers, take them for what you will, gave props to this crew and especially their communication on this particular play.
They did, and I agree, Again, I think this was exactly how you handle such a situation. The trail didn't come in and overrule or anything like, that,he simply stopped the lead before he reported, and gave him information on the play.

I don't think plays like this question your partners trust either, that could be misrepresented here. Rather, you are helping out when they were unable to see something. I actually think a call like this shows that the crew trusts each other more. I know I would feel a lot more comfortable stepping in to help out with this call with a guy who I trust and I know trusts me.