View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 20, 2017, 08:20am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by frezer11 View Post
If this was directed at me, I apologize, but I think it was misinterpreted, I thought that was the perfect way to handle this. My comment was merely that it was funny that you could read his lips pretty easily, and I have no doubt he wasn't pissed at his partner, but rather genuinely telling him great job.

They did, and I agree, Again, I think this was exactly how you handle such a situation. The trail didn't come in and overrule or anything like, that,he simply stopped the lead before he reported, and gave him information on the play.

I don't think plays like this question your partners trust either, that could be misrepresented here. Rather, you are helping out when they were unable to see something. I actually think a call like this shows that the crew trusts each other more. I know I would feel a lot more comfortable stepping in to help out with this call with a guy who I trust and I know trusts me.
Actually, it is an expectation for the Center to provide this information to the Lead. And when the information is brought, it is to include the number of the defensive player and if the basket was made.