The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 08, 2017, 12:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Assuming there's not a handcheck that I just can't see on this video, I've got nothing, nothing, and nothing.

We can split hairs on what we'd do if we were robots, but putting myself on the floor and observing that play ... that's a lot of good defense, none of which has a standout moment of illegality ...

... I like the no calls.
This ^^
Old Wed Mar 08, 2017, 02:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Assuming there's not a handcheck that I just can't see on this video, I've got nothing, nothing, and nothing.

We can split hears on what we'd do if we were robots, but putting myself on the floor and observing that play....that's a lot of good defense, none of which has a standout moment of illegality.

Who was it several months (years?) ago on the forum that said it's better to assume players are going to do legal things, because then when they don't the calls identify themselves? This is a case where the calls didn't really identify themselves. I like the no calls.
i agree with you. There is some contact between big, strong men playing, but no one does anything illegal.

That might have been a post which I wrote a few years ago. I got that advice from Mike Reed at an officiating clinic. To this day, it is the single best piece of officiating advice that I've ever heard. It changed how I approached the game from a mental standpoint.
Old Wed Mar 08, 2017, 08:49am
Official Forum Member

I absolutely love B2's (secondary defender's) verticality on the drive to the bucket by A1. No foul here. Not even close.