The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 25, 2017, 04:54pm
wife loves the goatee...

In my current association, we are assigned very randomly... you might see an official who worked the State tourney last year doing a game like I had last night... GV--at end of 1st quarter 40-2.
Old Wed Jan 25, 2017, 08:42pm
Official Forum Member

Why are you here? Go away. Go to the coaches forum to bitch about officials. Your sideline antics wouldn't last with me. You'd have to get the tape to see how it finished. I for one am done responding to any post of yours.
Old Wed Jan 25, 2017, 09:32pm
Official Forum Member

Utter nonsense

This post is utter nonsense. A highly selective compilation of plays of what you say is poor officiating.

On the one where a screen was set and was run over. Maybe you ought to read the case book.

Take a look at the rules

Rule 1 All fans are idiots
Rule 1.1 if there any doubts about fans being idiots refer to Rule 1
Old Thu Jan 26, 2017, 04:23pm
Official Forum Member

ahhh yes, what can i say here that has not already been said?...hmmm

man, the Internet is a rough place! lol
seriously tho...
throughout the video, i would agree that there could be a few teaching clips from this video, but until you put the whistle in your mouth and remove any and all emotion from the situation, you just won't understand why some of these are not fouls/violations.
my buddy coaches. he will send me clips. instead i tell him, if you want my opinion...send me the entire game. that way there is a better feel for consistency and flow. two other points that are similar to his situation and yours and have been mentioned already but worth repeating...given the class, schools, matchup, teams, etc....you don't always get the "A crew" every night. and a lot of times, guys have to cut their teeth somewhere. and a lot of times, even the skill level can make the "A crew" look like the worst crew.

on some plays, i do feel your pain and applaud your quest for knowledge rather than just being ignorant about it. explanations have been given and you're quick to accept those FWIW. go for the obvious ones tho... the judgement ones are just that. in a game about angles, sometimes your camera position isn't the best angle.
i will say tho, in a couple clips...there could be just a little more hustle to get into a better position to see the play.

i skimmed a bit, but i don't know if someone mentioned this...
in this video (and others of yours) i've seen #4 attempt to dribble thru multiple defenders many, many times. in this case, if there is less than 3 feet of space between the defenders, the responsibility of contact is on the ball handler. you'll rarely see an offensive foul here, but you definitely will not see a defensive foul call in situations like those.

hey, i understand your frustration...and i'll use your video posts as learning tools for myself. but on here, you might be better off posting in the form of "you make the call" OR "should this be a BC violation?" OR "do you have anything on this play?" rather than a compilation of complaints...and honestly, while obviously a violation, there's no use posting a clip of a girl stepping over the foul line 3 seconds before the ball hits the rim. for whatever reason, that crew ate that one and it looked bad.

good luck. God speed. knowledge is power. i gotta go ref.
Old Thu Jan 26, 2017, 04:56pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

That first clip is distorted because of the slow motion on the FT violation. I'll retract my comments that I probably wouldn't call it, but before committing one way or the other I'd like to see the video without the speed distortion.
Old Thu Jan 26, 2017, 05:10pm
NFHS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
That first clip is distorted because of the slow motion on the FT violation. I'll retract my comments that I probably wouldn't call it, but before committing one way or the other I'd like to see the video without the speed distortion.
Its not that distorted. FWIW, she is at the volleyball line in the middle of the lane before the ball enters the rim. That's a clear violation.