The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 29, 2016, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Dang, what am I, chopped liver? I beat Dale by a few hours.

Feeling like Rodney Dangerfield here. LOL

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Sorry BNR, you are correct. I just thought Dale3 had a more complete answer for those that aren't quite as familiar with the RA rules.

By the way, Rodney is still one of my all time favorites. I pull up his old routines on youtube quite often!
Old Thu Dec 29, 2016, 01:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Finally!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAK View Post
Second clip 2:15. Wondering about the monitor use. There was no foul called on the play.
Sorry this took so long. Had issues with the online app that was making this hard to capture.

Peace
Old Thu Dec 29, 2016, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

IMO:

I'd have a blocking foul...regardless. If the B2 wasn't in the RA I'd have him turning into the opponent. Still you have B2 a secondary defender in the RA...who remained grounded...and the contact is more than incidental. I'd want the lead having first crack at this...secondary defender...in the paint...this is his bread and butter.

I've had assignor say to officiate this feet up in order to pick up the location of the secondary defender. Once you do that you can adjudicate the probably block/charge.....grounded/alighted...incidental/illegal.

It's a lot to take in but it's also why it's been harped that the outside officials must have opinions on these plays.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Thu Dec 29, 2016, 02:21pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
IMO:

I'd have a blocking foul...regardless. If the B2 wasn't in the RA I'd have him turning into the opponent. Still you have B2 a secondary defender in the RA...who remained grounded...and the contact is more than incidental. I'd want the lead having first crack at this...secondary defender...in the paint...this is his bread and butter.

I've had assignor say to officiate this feet up in order to pick up the location of the secondary defender. Once you do that you can adjudicate the probably block/charge.....grounded/alighted...incidental/illegal.

It's a lot to take in but it's also why it's been harped that the outside officials must have opinions on these plays.
The Lead had started a rotation then backed out when the drive started. I think he lost focus on secondary defenders when he did that.
Old Thu Dec 29, 2016, 02:23pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Sorry this took so long. Had issues with the online app that was making this hard to capture.

Peace
Before Dale comes in and steals my thunder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
As for the play at 2:15 of the second half, they go to the monitor to see if there is cause for a flagrant or dead-ball technical on W25 after a travel is called on the opposing team.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk