The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Video Request Pitt vs Ohmah-Nebraska (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/102000-video-request-pitt-vs-ohmah-nebraska.html)

SAK Wed Dec 21, 2016 09:23pm

Video Request Pitt vs Ohmah-Nebraska

Both clips in the second half 11:29 foul on Nix. It appeared that Nix was called for a block because he is a big guy but my first thought was that he had LGP.

Second clip 2:15. Wondering about the monitor use. There was no foul called on the play.

JRutledge Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAK (Post 995511)
Both clips in the second half 11:29 foul on Nix. It appeared that Nix was called for a block because he is a big guy but my first thought was that he had LGP.

Second clip 2:15. Wondering about the monitor use. There was no foul called on the play.

Who is broadcasting the game? I cannot find this game on regular TV.

Peace

SAK Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:20pm

The game was on the ACC network (Watch ESPN app or espn3.com)

bob jenkins Thu Dec 22, 2016 08:32am

Quote:

You can go to the monitor even without a foul being called (saying this without having any idea what the play might have been)

JRutledge Sun Dec 25, 2016 03:02pm

Quote:

I got the first one for you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8aBEDrOLk_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peace

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sun Dec 25, 2016 03:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 995661)
I got the first one for you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8aBEDrOLk_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peace

If I was forced to call a foul it was be on Black-32, but there really was not foul be either player.

MTD, Sr.

BigCat Sun Dec 25, 2016 04:43pm

He does call a block. All I can figure is he waited to see if ball was going in on the shot. He may have called white for a bump on the shooter. There wasn't anything on the rebound.

Did the shooter get two FTs after this?

Camron Rust Sun Dec 25, 2016 06:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat (Post 995664)
He does call a block. All I can figure is he waited to see if ball was going in on the shot. He may have called white for a bump on the shooter. There wasn't anything on the rebound.

That is what I'm thinking...a block is not a typical call for a rebound.

Raymond Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat (Post 995664)

AJ called a block on W25. He signaled a restricted area block, but I believe it was a block regardless because #25 turns his body into the shooter. But #25 was a secondary defender in the restricted area.

I have the full game downloaded and I saw multiple replays showing 25 turning his body into the shooter.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Raymond Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:43pm

As for the play at 2:15 of the second half, they go to the monitor to see if there is cause for a flagrant or dead-ball technical on W25 after a travel is called on the opposing team.

Dale3 Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:49pm

He is not calling a foul on the rebound. He is calling a RA block.

Secondary defender grounded in the RA - correctly called a block. It just looks bad / confusing because it is called so late. However, a correct call.

The lead is caught in "no mans land" on the drive, or else he probably does a better job picking up secondary defender in RA.

JRutledge Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale3 (Post 995686)

Secondary defender grounded in the RA - correctly called a block. It just looks bad / confusing because it is called so late. However, a correct call.

The lead is caught in "no mans land" on the drive, or else he probably does a better job picking up secondary defender in RA.

The whistle cadence was awful late. And the point is not often done just for the RA by many officials. So I am not so sure that I agree that this was the reason, but if it was, then so be it.

And going back and looking at the video, the shooter was the guy going to the basket #44 and not the guy rebounding. But his signal and whistle confused the situation and the commentators as well.

Peace

Remington Wed Dec 28, 2016 02:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale3 (Post 995686)

Dale is 100% correct on this. I would have thought the C would have helped the lead on this play but the T's call is the exact play that are on the NCAA training tapes from JD Collins. The grounded secondary defender should be penalized under the current rules.

Raymond Wed Dec 28, 2016 07:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remington (Post 995780)
Dale is 100% correct on this. I would have thought the C would have helped the lead on this play but the T's call is the exact play that are on the NCAA training tapes from JD Collins. The grounded secondary defender should be penalized under the current rules.

Dang, what am I, chopped liver? I beat Dale by a few hours. [emoji34]

Feeling like Rodney Dangerfield here. LOL

Camron Rust Thu Dec 29, 2016 01:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 995790)
Dang, what am I, chopped liver? I beat Dale by a few hours. [emoji34]

Feeling like Rodney Dangerfield here. LOL

How are you doing, Rodney?