The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 11, 2016, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Arbiter

Anybody run multiple Arbiter accounts? I am trying to this year for a few reasons which I feel are sgortcomings of the site.

1. I have one assignor who doesnt listen and assigns at will. He assigned me a middle school game on a Friday night after telling him my Fridays are for HS. If you decline, Arbiter blocks the date automatically and other assignors cannot book you. You lose all control over your account.

2. I work for two assignors who do not get along. They dont like it when I work for the other guy. Arbiter shows them who Im working for and they get upset.

Solution....multiple accounts. Anybody else deal with this or have an easier workaround?
Old Sun Dec 11, 2016, 12:38pm
Do not give a damn!!

I have one account, but have multiple sites we have to log into. So I do not know if that is what you are talking about. Not much we can do about that one. I have usually one for my Chicago area and a few others for college conferences.

Peace
Old Sun Dec 11, 2016, 12:42pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Cooperation Is The Key ...

Back when I was working both high school basketball and Catholic middle school basketball, I had two Arbiter "accounts" (under switch views). The Catholic middle school assigner could see my high school games, but the high school assigner couldn't see my Catholic middle school games. I was able to set up these sharing preferences (under the direction of my Catholic middle school assigner) on Arbiter. The Catholic middle school assigner wouldn't schedule you if you had a high school game. The key to this was that both assigners knew that high school games had a priority over the Catholic middle school games. I could turn back a Catholic middle school game, with no penalty, if I got a late addition to my high school schedule and there was a conflict with two assigned games at the same time. The reverse was not true, I would be penalized (game turn back due to not closing date - $15 penalty, plus some ill will) if I had to turn back a high school game due to a Catholic middle school game (remember my high school assigner couldn't even see my Catholic middle school games, as far as my high school assigner was concerned, I was turning back an open date), high school games always took priority over the Catholic middle school games, and both assigners knew that. It was a great system.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Dec 11, 2016 at 01:10pm.
Old Sun Dec 11, 2016, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Block fridays for the group that the middle school assignor uses, but only for that group. As to what's already been done, I guess you'll have to beg him to remove the block.

Then, I think you can go into your sharing preferences and set it up so the two feuding assignors can't see the other.
Old Sun Dec 11, 2016, 01:13pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Welcome To Family Feud ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrounge View Post
Block fridays for the group that the middle school assignor uses, but only for that group ... Then, I think you can go into your sharing preferences and set it up so the two feuding assignors can't see the other.
Sounds like a good plan.

(Arbiter, Profile, Sharing)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Dec 11, 2016 at 01:41pm.
Old Sun Dec 11, 2016, 02:02pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by loners4me View Post
Anybody run multiple Arbiter accounts? I am trying to this year for a few reasons which I feel are sgortcomings of the site.

1. I have one assignor who doesnt listen and assigns at will. He assigned me a middle school game on a Friday night after telling him my Fridays are for HS. If you decline, Arbiter blocks the date automatically and other assignors cannot book you. You lose all control over your account.

2. I work for two assignors who do not get along. They dont like it when I work for the other guy. Arbiter shows them who Im working for and they get upset.

Solution....multiple accounts. Anybody else deal with this or have an easier workaround?
I have separate accounts for high school and college.

If you decline an assignment it should only block you for that one assignor, not all of your assignors. You need to contact Arbiter tech support if it is actually blocking you from all your assignors.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old Sun Dec 11, 2016, 02:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

You can also share calendars and have dates that are closed show up on some level (not everything but the times if you set it up properly. So if I only want my college assignor to know that I am not available at a specific time, then that is all they will no, not the level or the location.

Peace
Old Sun Dec 11, 2016, 11:23pm
Official Forum Member

Contact Arbiter support. They fixed some issues I had experienced and seem very interested in upgrades that help us all.
Old Sun Dec 11, 2016, 11:27pm
Official Forum Member

Using different email addresses allows one to keep accounts totally separate. Arbiter identifies officials by email address.
Old Mon Dec 12, 2016, 09:49am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Using different email addresses allows one to keep accounts totally separate. Arbiter identifies officials by email address.

NevadaRef:

While that is true. That cannot be done in Ohio, where not only is all assigning is done using Arbiter, the email address for Arbiter must the same one that an official uses for his/her OhioHSAA registration.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio