The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Aug 10, 2006, 12:03pm
Official Forum Member

Arbiter ?

MY association just went to the Arbiter system. While everything appears to be worthwhile, I have one question. Is there a way to see who your partners are for a game?

Thanks,
Old Thu Aug 10, 2006, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to AlabamaBlue
Yes, from the start page, click Schedule, then on your list of scheduled games click the number at the left of the game you're intersted in under the Game column. That will show you all the names, positions and contact info for everyone assigned to that game.
Old Thu Aug 10, 2006, 01:29pm
Official Forum Member

Depending on how the assignor has the system set up, you may not be able to see who your partners are until AFTER they have accepted the assignment.
Old Thu Aug 10, 2006, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
Depending on how the assignor has the system set up, you may not be able to see who your partners are until AFTER they have accepted the assignment.
That is true. I use the Arbitor in other sports and you must accept the game before seeing who the partners will be. That's good for the assigner, bad for the official who refuses to work with certain officials.
Old Fri Aug 11, 2006, 04:36pm
Official Forum Member

if I remember right, our system is set up so you can't see who you are working with until after YOU accept your assignment. No dumping an assignment because you don't like who you may get stuck with! Of course with the $10 dump penalty, you'd really have to dislike someone to drop because of that.
Old Fri Aug 11, 2006, 06:25pm
Official Forum Member

Again, this is all in how the system is set up. Sometimes, even after you accept the assignment, you STILL can't see your partner til THEY accept to. It's all up to the assignor.
Old Sun Aug 13, 2006, 01:32am
Official Forum Member

Our association of which I am the assignor permits officials to view their partners once their partner has been assigned and before he has accepted. Also, when an official prints his schedule, his partner and partner's contact #'s are listed on the print-out.
Old Sun Aug 13, 2006, 05:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesmith
That is true. I use the Arbitor in other sports and you must accept the game before seeing who the partners will be. That's good for the assigner, bad for the official who refuses to work with certain officials.
Why not just Block certain partners? The associations I'm part of allow me to block officials and/or schools. I am also able to put in a travel (distance) limit.
Old Sun Aug 13, 2006, 05:45pm
Official Forum Member

The Arbiter is very configurable, based on the preferences of the assignor of the association.

For my lacrosse association, it allows blocks based on date/time, distance, school, partner, you name it, because that's the way my lacrosse assignor runs things.

For football, we can block dates/times and that's it - all other "preference" requests need to be e-mailed to the assignors, because that's how they want to run things.