The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 19, 2009, 10:05pm
Official Forum Member

Arbiter Question

I blocked out some dates as I have been assigned games for an assignor that does not use arbiter. I was then picked up by another high school assignor who uses arbiter. The problem is that the new assignor does not see any of the dates I blocked out. Is there a way short of re-blocking all my dates that I can apply the blocks to the new assignors arbiter group??

Thanks,
Old Thu Nov 19, 2009, 11:03pm
Travel, Offside & Strike!

Arbiter just came out with a "sharing" option, so that each assignor see the dates.

Go into your Arbiter account, then go to "profile". In the gray tabs below, you'll see "sharing" next to "password". You can then choose which group ( assignor) can see your information ( games, groups, levels, sites and times).

Good luck. Hope this helps!
Old Thu Nov 19, 2009, 11:24pm
Official Forum Member

I don't know if the sharing thing will help or not. I had the same problem last year when I picked up a new volleyball assigner. I had to re-enter all my block dates because each group has it's own block calendar.

Good luck. And if you find a good answer, whether it's the sharing thing or whatever, let us know, will you?
Old Fri Nov 20, 2009, 12:24am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle View Post
I don't know if the sharing thing will help or not. I had the same problem last year when I picked up a new volleyball assigner. I had to re-enter all my block dates because each group has it's own block calendar.
Per the e-mail I received from the Arbiter today, the sharing should block your schedule with your assigned games from the other assigner. I don't exactly how that works though as I don't use the Arbiter anymore.
Old Fri Nov 20, 2009, 08:42am
Official Forum Member

It appears that the sharing option does not do that. It looks like sharing option will show the others where my games are, time of game (which I thought they already are able to see) and everything about the games that I am assigned already. However it does not extend my blocks to every group.

There should be a way to do this.
Old Fri Nov 20, 2009, 08:56am
Official Forum Member

I agree, there should be a way to copy existing blocks to the block calendar for a new group. What a pain in the tail having to re-add it. And it would be a pretty simple feature to add.