The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 29, 2016, 11:09pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
Even more reason to block the schools where your kids attend. There's no reason to make them a target for bullying when you make a call and the student section doesn't agree.
It's a big enough school, the kids wouldn't know unless she told them. It's not an active inability to get along, it's simply that she travels in different circles and the few interactions she has had with the athletes haven't been that positive.
Old Sun Dec 04, 2016, 06:48pm
Official Forum Member

I was once at a varsity game where one of the officials was inducted into the hall of fame for the home team(obviously) at half time. I thought that was verging on inappropriate truthfully.
Old Tue Dec 06, 2016, 11:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDevil15 View Post
I was once at a varsity game where one of the officials was inducted into the hall of fame for the home team(obviously) at half time. I thought that was verging on inappropriate truthfully.
I agree with you on this. Find a different night to have the ceremony.

I was at my alma mater three times last week, and I'll be there several more times this year. While I know lots of teachers who are still there, only the head varsity coach knows I went to that school.

My assignor knows where I went to school. As Rut said, I have no issue doing my job to the best of my ability when I'm there. Same thing I do every other night.
Old Wed Dec 07, 2016, 04:53pm
Livin' The Dream

i have declined games when the assignor has not looked ahead to see who i officiated earlier in the week. I had one team at home on Monday, he then assigned me the same team on the road on Thursday. I doubt they want to see me back to back games for them. It created a block on Arbiter but i put in the notes why i declined it and he took the block off. Our association is big on blocking dates before games are assigned so you dont show up as available and then decline games without reason. Just makes more work for them.
Old Wed Dec 07, 2016, 05:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1ns View Post
i have declined games when the assignor has not looked ahead to see who i officiated earlier in the week. I had one team at home on Monday, he then assigned me the same team on the road on Thursday. I doubt they want to see me back to back games for them.
I would write the assigner and ask if he wants me to see the same team and / or if he can swap me with someone else. I would not make the assumption you did and just decline the game.