Thread: Refusal/Decline
View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 29, 2016, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I accept every game I offered if I normally work a particular conference. If I don't work a conference normally or they are not a game that is actually with the IHSA, I might consider turning it down. Otherwise I take every game unless there is some travel conflict like on a Saturday where sometimes you can get a game early in the day and later at night. If I feel the game is too far away from another, then I will make my concern known.

But I have no conflicts of interest where I live. I have even worked my old high school early on in my career and had no issues.

Peace
Similar....if it is a HS or higher game, I do it.

If I tell my assignor I'm open, I take the game he gives me. I currently have no conflicts, but when my kids were in HS, I simply entered my conflict in Reftown and the assignor would not generally assign me to that school. He'd have to override the conflict to do so. If he did, I know he did so consciously and for a reason and I'd still do the game.

The only HS games I've declined were ones starting very close to my availability but at a much larger than normal distance crossing through rush hour traffic. I just couldn't get to that location at the time of the game.

If someone asks me to do a rec league type game, I may or may not. I have no obligation to them. If I, for some reason, tell them I'm open on any date, I take what they give me.