The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 26, 2016, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 16

Just got mine in the mail yesterday. I used them for my 2 mile warm up before track work and they felt great. They have a nice wide toe box, and I'm 100% sure they will hold up better than my shoes last year as Brooks is well known in the running world for quality shoes. Has anyone else used this shoe or planning to this year?

Last year I was in the Zig Energy patent leathers. I found those to break down pretty quick, and they also caused neuromas in both feet because they were not wide enough. They looked great, but reffing 8-15 games/week between B/G V & tourneys/wreck league on weekends was too much for them.

Old Wed Oct 26, 2016, 12:52pm
High Five Master

I'm too lazy to use google: how much were they?

Has anyone had the 3N2 court shoes? I'm curious. I love the feel of the plate shoes they do for fastpitch.
Old Wed Oct 26, 2016, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

The cheapest I could find them was on Runningwarehouse.com. I believe they were around $80. Usually I can find a 15-25% discount code for running warehouse, but none of the codes I tried worked and I was ready to be done online shopping.
Old Wed Oct 26, 2016, 01:16pm
Official Forum Member

Its all about offset between the heel and the toe. You want less than 4 mm. I have been looking for hours. Apparently you cant have both black and a low offset. These dont have them. I hope your knees do well with them.
Old Wed Oct 26, 2016, 01:28pm
Official Forum Member

Now you're in my wheelhouse! 12 mm-- the HT drop of the Adrenaline-- doesn't really bother me. My running shoes vary between 14 and 4 (4 mm drop is my marathon racing shoes) and I can't tell a difference. FWIW I put between 50-75 miles a week on my rotating running shoes. There's no one-size-fits-all formula for shoes, just what works for you. I don't think I've ever had officiating shoes with 14 mm drop, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for any warning signs.

As far as minimal HT drop, you will have a tough time finding all black because there's such a small demographic that wants all black coupled with the small demographic that use neutral shoes. Best of luck finding some. I'll post a message in my running group and see if anyone can point me in the direction of a low drop all black shoe and let you know if I hear anything.
Old Wed Oct 26, 2016, 01:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
Now you're in my wheelhouse! 12 mm-- the HT drop of the Adrenaline-- doesn't really bother me. My running shoes vary between 14 and 4 (4 mm drop is my marathon racing shoes) and I can't tell a difference. FWIW I put between 50-75 miles a week on my rotating running shoes. There's no one-size-fits-all formula for shoes, just what works for you. I don't think I've ever had officiating shoes with 14 mm drop, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for any warning signs.

As far as minimal HT drop, you will have a tough time finding all black because there's such a small demographic that wants all black coupled with the small demographic that use neutral shoes. Best of luck finding some. I'll post a message in my running group and see if anyone can point me in the direction of a low drop all black shoe and let you know if I hear anything.
Hoka makes some.
Old Wed Oct 26, 2016, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unigiantslayers View Post
now you're in my wheelhouse! 12 mm-- the ht drop of the adrenaline-- doesn't really bother me. My running shoes vary between 14 and 4 (4 mm drop is my marathon racing shoes) and i can't tell a difference. Fwiw i put between 50-75 miles a week on my rotating running shoes. There's no one-size-fits-all formula for shoes, just what works for you. I don't think i've ever had officiating shoes with 14 mm drop, so i'll definitely keep an eye out for any warning signs.

As far as minimal ht drop, you will have a tough time finding all black because there's such a small demographic that wants all black coupled with the small demographic that use neutral shoes. Best of luck finding some. I'll post a message in my running group and see if anyone can point me in the direction of a low drop all black shoe and let you know if i hear anything.
thank you!
Old Wed Oct 26, 2016, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
Hoka makes some.
What type do you like Bigcat from Hoka? VALOR LTR?
Old Wed Oct 26, 2016, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
What type do you like Bigcat from Hoka? VALOR LTR?
I don't own any black Hokas. I jog in Clifton 3 and Vanquish. I referee in various air max.
Old Wed Oct 26, 2016, 09:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
small demographic that use neutral shoes
Which should be MUCH bigger than it is. You go to a running shoe store and even people that THINK they know what they are doing put too many people in stability shoes.

I'm probably going to work in Hokas this year but will take a look at the Adrenaline. I used to run in the Glycerin but went to the Nimbus.
Old Thu Oct 27, 2016, 07:09am
Official Forum Member

Here's the only response I've gotten so far. I'll let you know if I hear more.

Hoka makes all black versions of their Valor and Bondi, both 4mm drop shoes.
Old Thu Oct 27, 2016, 07:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
Which should be MUCH bigger than it is. You go to a running shoe store and even people that THINK they know what they are doing put too many people in stability shoes.

I'm probably going to work in Hokas this year but will take a look at the Adrenaline. I used to run in the Glycerin but went to the Nimbus.
If you're used to a neutral shoe, a 12mm drop in the adrenaline probably won't be great for you.
Old Thu Oct 27, 2016, 11:08pm
Official Forum Member

I was thinking about another Brooks model rather than that one.