The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Brooks Adrenaline GTS 16 (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/101771-brooks-adrenaline-gts-16-a.html)

UNIgiantslayers Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:45pm

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 16

Just got mine in the mail yesterday. I used them for my 2 mile warm up before track work and they felt great. They have a nice wide toe box, and I'm 100% sure they will hold up better than my shoes last year as Brooks is well known in the running world for quality shoes. Has anyone else used this shoe or planning to this year?

Last year I was in the Zig Energy patent leathers. I found those to break down pretty quick, and they also caused neuromas in both feet because they were not wide enough. They looked great, but reffing 8-15 games/week between B/G V & tourneys/wreck league on weekends was too much for them.

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits...ZM.jpg?sw=1200

BlueDevilRef Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:52pm

I'm too lazy to use google: how much were they?

Has anyone had the 3N2 court shoes? I'm curious. I love the feel of the plate shoes they do for fastpitch.

UNIgiantslayers Wed Oct 26, 2016 01:00pm

The cheapest I could find them was on Runningwarehouse.com. I believe they were around $80. Usually I can find a 15-25% discount code for running warehouse, but none of the codes I tried worked and I was ready to be done online shopping.

BigT Wed Oct 26, 2016 01:16pm

Its all about offset between the heel and the toe. You want less than 4 mm. I have been looking for hours. Apparently you cant have both black and a low offset. These dont have them. I hope your knees do well with them.

UNIgiantslayers Wed Oct 26, 2016 01:28pm

Now you're in my wheelhouse! 12 mm-- the HT drop of the Adrenaline-- doesn't really bother me. My running shoes vary between 14 and 4 (4 mm drop is my marathon racing shoes) and I can't tell a difference. FWIW I put between 50-75 miles a week on my rotating running shoes. There's no one-size-fits-all formula for shoes, just what works for you. I don't think I've ever had officiating shoes with 14 mm drop, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for any warning signs.

As far as minimal HT drop, you will have a tough time finding all black because there's such a small demographic that wants all black coupled with the small demographic that use neutral shoes. Best of luck finding some. I'll post a message in my running group and see if anyone can point me in the direction of a low drop all black shoe and let you know if I hear anything.

BigCat Wed Oct 26, 2016 01:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers (Post 992396)
Now you're in my wheelhouse! 12 mm-- the HT drop of the Adrenaline-- doesn't really bother me. My running shoes vary between 14 and 4 (4 mm drop is my marathon racing shoes) and I can't tell a difference. FWIW I put between 50-75 miles a week on my rotating running shoes. There's no one-size-fits-all formula for shoes, just what works for you. I don't think I've ever had officiating shoes with 14 mm drop, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for any warning signs.

As far as minimal HT drop, you will have a tough time finding all black because there's such a small demographic that wants all black coupled with the small demographic that use neutral shoes. Best of luck finding some. I'll post a message in my running group and see if anyone can point me in the direction of a low drop all black shoe and let you know if I hear anything.

Hoka makes some.

BigT Wed Oct 26, 2016 01:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by unigiantslayers (Post 992396)
now you're in my wheelhouse! 12 mm-- the ht drop of the adrenaline-- doesn't really bother me. My running shoes vary between 14 and 4 (4 mm drop is my marathon racing shoes) and i can't tell a difference. Fwiw i put between 50-75 miles a week on my rotating running shoes. There's no one-size-fits-all formula for shoes, just what works for you. I don't think i've ever had officiating shoes with 14 mm drop, so i'll definitely keep an eye out for any warning signs.

As far as minimal ht drop, you will have a tough time finding all black because there's such a small demographic that wants all black coupled with the small demographic that use neutral shoes. Best of luck finding some. I'll post a message in my running group and see if anyone can point me in the direction of a low drop all black shoe and let you know if i hear anything.

thank you!

BigT Wed Oct 26, 2016 01:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat (Post 992397)
Hoka makes some.

What type do you like Bigcat from Hoka? VALOR LTR?

BigCat Wed Oct 26, 2016 02:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigT (Post 992400)
What type do you like Bigcat from Hoka? VALOR LTR?

I don't own any black Hokas. I jog in Clifton 3 and Vanquish. I referee in various air max.

Texas Aggie Wed Oct 26, 2016 09:15pm

Quote:

small demographic that use neutral shoes
Which should be MUCH bigger than it is. You go to a running shoe store and even people that THINK they know what they are doing put too many people in stability shoes.

I'm probably going to work in Hokas this year but will take a look at the Adrenaline. I used to run in the Glycerin but went to the Nimbus.

UNIgiantslayers Thu Oct 27, 2016 07:09am

Here's the only response I've gotten so far. I'll let you know if I hear more.

Hoka makes all black versions of their Valor and Bondi, both 4mm drop shoes.

UNIgiantslayers Thu Oct 27, 2016 07:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie (Post 992413)
Which should be MUCH bigger than it is. You go to a running shoe store and even people that THINK they know what they are doing put too many people in stability shoes.

I'm probably going to work in Hokas this year but will take a look at the Adrenaline. I used to run in the Glycerin but went to the Nimbus.

If you're used to a neutral shoe, a 12mm drop in the adrenaline probably won't be great for you.

Texas Aggie Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:08pm

I was thinking about another Brooks model rather than that one.