The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 16, 2016, 09:16am
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
The L did not report it. The L dropped after he saw the T had already whistled it and the T then reported it.
Huh. After calling the T I believe the Trail went to the other end to administer the free throws and then resumed his spot at Trail table side during the resumption of play. If I recall correctly Lead and Slot switched places from where they were before which led me to believe original Lead reported the tech.
Old Wed Mar 16, 2016, 10:59am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Huh. After calling the T I believe the Trail went to the other end to administer the free throws and then resumed his spot at Trail table side during the resumption of play. If I recall correctly Lead and Slot switched places from where they were before which led me to believe original Lead reported the tech.
Trail called the T. Lead's whistle came afterwards. There were a couple of discussions at the table regarding the status of the ball, which is probably why Trail stayed table side.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Old Wed Mar 16, 2016, 01:08pm
Official Forum Member

It looked to me like the Lead was perfectly aware of the coach and planning to stick him, but decided to allow the play to finish - you see him turn and signal for the T immediately after Vanderbilt scores. The Trail, on the other hand, calls it earlier and visibly waves off the score. They went with that and cancelled it, gave the ball to Vanderbilt underneath.
Old Wed Mar 16, 2016, 03:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn335 View Post
It looked to me like the Lead was perfectly aware of the coach and planning to stick him, but decided to allow the play to finish - you see him turn and signal for the T immediately after Vanderbilt scores. The Trail, on the other hand, calls it earlier and visibly waves off the score. They went with that and cancelled it, gave the ball to Vanderbilt underneath.
I was confused by the announcers confusion. They were talking an and 1 but Vandy got the ball back with no FT. I missed that they never gave Vandy the 2 points. So the T whacked the coach before the shot, POI is Vandy ball on endline. Makes sense now.
Old Wed Mar 16, 2016, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Both Trail and Lead hit it. Lead ended up reporting the tech, he was positioned at Slot opposite when they resumed play.
He should've been ejected, there were three T's signaled! Trail whistled and signaled, and then apparently thought the coach wasn't paying attention and needed to do it again, and then the Lead signaled.
Old Wed Mar 16, 2016, 04:58pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Trail called the T. Lead's whistle came afterwards. There were a couple of discussions at the table regarding the status of the ball, which is probably why Trail stayed table side.
Makes sense, thanks!