The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 15, 2016, 08:50pm
AremRed

Wichita State vs. Vanderbilt

11:27 first half, blarge of sorts. Lead official signals off-ball post foul on defender, Slot ships it.
Old Tue Mar 15, 2016, 08:51pm
AremRed

9:52 first half, possible offensive BI.
Old Tue Mar 15, 2016, 10:10pm
AremRed

9:59 2nd half, pass and crash. Charge called, looked like the defender got there late.
Old Tue Mar 15, 2016, 10:11pm
AremRed

9:17 2nd half, great block call by Paul Szelc.
Old Tue Mar 15, 2016, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member

12:11 second half. Thought the T could have passed on the travel call on Vanderbilt. It was close, and the BH's back was to the T.

Didn't really seem like any advantage was gained on a borderline call; felt like a game interrupter. Thoughts?
Old Tue Mar 15, 2016, 10:27pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
12:11 second half. Thought the T could have passed on the travel call on Vanderbilt. It was close, and the BH's back was to the T.

Didn't really seem like any advantage was gained on a borderline call; felt like a game interrupter. Thoughts?
I looked away right before it was called but based on the players reaction of being mad at himself I'm guessing it was CC.
Old Tue Mar 15, 2016, 10:30pm
AremRed

First tech of the tournament! 2:58 2nd half, Vandy coach gets lit up after no-call he didn't like a trip earlier.
Old Tue Mar 15, 2016, 10:34pm
Official Forum Member

Clueless announcers after the V HC Tech at 2:58 second half.

I had it figured out two seconds after the call. Took them another two minutes to figure it out.
Old Tue Mar 15, 2016, 10:36pm
Official Forum Member

The lead must really have been dialed in or gunshy for Stallings to be a mile out of the coaching box and screaming directly at him from about 5 feet away without any repercussions.

Crazy the trail had to come get that.
Old Tue Mar 15, 2016, 10:37pm
Official Forum Member

I thought it was funny that he was whacked by both the Trail & the Lead, with the Lead's T about a second after the Trail's. Excellent no-call on the previous play that led to the outburst, IMO.
Old Tue Mar 15, 2016, 10:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post

My thoughts are that you need to find a new camp to attend. The advice you are getting is poor.
Adv/Disadv is NOT for violations! It is also being taken out of foul calls. We are now going to marginal vs illegal contact.
The whole "game interrupter" philosophy is horse----! Officials call fouls and violations as they happen and the players commit them. The officials don't interrupt the game.
Old Tue Mar 15, 2016, 11:08pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODog View Post
The lead must really have been dialed in or gunshy for Stallings to be a mile out of the coaching box and screaming directly at him from about 5 feet away without any repercussions.

Crazy the trail had to come get that.
Both Trail and Lead hit it. Lead ended up reporting the tech, he was positioned at Slot opposite when they resumed play.
Old Tue Mar 15, 2016, 11:09pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
My thoughts are that you need to find a new camp to attend. The advice you are getting is poor.
Adv/Disadv is NOT for violations! It is also being taken out of foul calls. We are now going to marginal vs illegal contact.
The whole "game interrupter" philosophy is horse----! Officials call fouls and violations as they happen and the players commit them. The officials don't interrupt the game.
How much college ball do you work? How many college camps do you attend? This is exactly what is being taught at the college level, at least in my neck of the woods.
Old Tue Mar 15, 2016, 11:14pm
Official Forum Member

I did it for six years. I went to two or three camps every Summer during that time. I never once heard "game interrupter." What a stooooopid concept. (in memory of Jurassic)
Old Wed Mar 16, 2016, 09:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Both Trail and Lead hit it. Lead ended up reporting the tech, he was positioned at Slot opposite when they resumed play.
The L did not report it. The L dropped after he saw the T had already whistled it and the T then reported it.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith