The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Wichita State vs. Vanderbilt (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/101106-wichita-state-vs-vanderbilt.html)

AremRed Tue Mar 15, 2016 08:50pm

Wichita State vs. Vanderbilt

11:27 first half, blarge of sorts. Lead official signals off-ball post foul on defender, Slot ships it.

AremRed Tue Mar 15, 2016 08:51pm

9:52 first half, possible offensive BI.

AremRed Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:10pm

9:59 2nd half, pass and crash. Charge called, looked like the defender got there late.

AremRed Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:11pm

9:17 2nd half, great block call by Paul Szelc.

crosscountry55 Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:17pm

12:11 second half. Thought the T could have passed on the travel call on Vanderbilt. It was close, and the BH's back was to the T.

Didn't really seem like any advantage was gained on a borderline call; felt like a game interrupter. Thoughts?

AremRed Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by crosscountry55 (Post 984297)
12:11 second half. Thought the T could have passed on the travel call on Vanderbilt. It was close, and the BH's back was to the T.

Didn't really seem like any advantage was gained on a borderline call; felt like a game interrupter. Thoughts?

I looked away right before it was called but based on the players reaction of being mad at himself I'm guessing it was CC.

AremRed Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:30pm

First tech of the tournament! 2:58 2nd half, Vandy coach gets lit up after no-call he didn't like a trip earlier.

crosscountry55 Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:34pm

Clueless announcers after the V HC Tech at 2:58 second half.

I had it figured out two seconds after the call. Took them another two minutes to figure it out. :D

ODog Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:36pm

The lead must really have been dialed in or gunshy for Stallings to be a mile out of the coaching box and screaming directly at him from about 5 feet away without any repercussions.

Crazy the trail had to come get that.

Drizzle Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:37pm

I thought it was funny that he was whacked by both the Trail & the Lead, with the Lead's T about a second after the Trail's. Excellent no-call on the previous play that led to the outburst, IMO.

Nevadaref Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by crosscountry55 (Post 984297)

My thoughts are that you need to find a new camp to attend. The advice you are getting is poor.
Adv/Disadv is NOT for violations! It is also being taken out of foul calls. We are now going to marginal vs illegal contact.
The whole "game interrupter" philosophy is horse----! Officials call fouls and violations as they happen and the players commit them. The officials don't interrupt the game.

AremRed Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODog (Post 984307)
The lead must really have been dialed in or gunshy for Stallings to be a mile out of the coaching box and screaming directly at him from about 5 feet away without any repercussions.

Crazy the trail had to come get that.

Both Trail and Lead hit it. Lead ended up reporting the tech, he was positioned at Slot opposite when they resumed play.

AremRed Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 984309)
My thoughts are that you need to find a new camp to attend. The advice you are getting is poor.
Adv/Disadv is NOT for violations! It is also being taken out of foul calls. We are now going to marginal vs illegal contact.
The whole "game interrupter" philosophy is horse----! Officials call fouls and violations as they happen and the players commit them. The officials don't interrupt the game.

How much college ball do you work? How many college camps do you attend? This is exactly what is being taught at the college level, at least in my neck of the woods.

Nevadaref Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:14pm

I did it for six years. I went to two or three camps every Summer during that time. I never once heard "game interrupter." What a stooooopid concept. (in memory of Jurassic)

BktBallRef Wed Mar 16, 2016 09:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 984312)
Both Trail and Lead hit it. Lead ended up reporting the tech, he was positioned at Slot opposite when they resumed play.

The L did not report it. The L dropped after he saw the T had already whistled it and the T then reported it.