The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 26, 2016, 11:11am
Official Forum Member

Possession Arrow After T

Had this last night in a high school game, 95% sure we got it right but want to double check.

Team A ball to begin quarter. Ball at disposal of A1 OOB. B1, who had been warned earlier in the game, slaps ball away from A1's hands. Tech B1. Team A shoots 2 FT's.

What we did: Since Team A had not completed their inbounding duties before the Tech, and part of a technical foul is the awarding of the ball, we let team A keep the possession arrow for the next held ball.

If I am not mistaken, NCAA-M this is a Class B, 1 FT, ball back at POI so the arrow would change with the subsequent inbound.
Once when the Yankee's Lou Pinella was batting he questioned a Palermo strike call. Pinella demanded, "Where was that pitch at?" Palermo told him that a man wearing Yankee pinstripes in front of 30,000 people should not end a sentence with a preposition. So Pinella, no dummy, said, "OK, where was that pitch at, a**hole?"
-George Will

Last edited by trojans2545; Fri Feb 26, 2016 at 11:13am. Reason: (edited for grammar, not enough coffee)
Old Fri Feb 26, 2016, 11:14am
Keeper of the HAMMER

You nailed it.
Old Fri Feb 26, 2016, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

We had a similar play last night. Common foul to start the 3rd quarter, before the throw-in ended. Then a violation on the subsequent inbounds. (so, yes, two "plays" and the clock still read 8:00. It was a harbinger of how long the second half would last.)

Only three people in the gym knew that the arrow didn't change, and why.
Old Fri Feb 26, 2016, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

I am going to some D-3 camps this spring/summer and I'm getting to the point where I'm studying one book and enforcing another. The situations are starting to blend. I left out the part of the story where after the first FT I rolled the ball to the T and instantly hung my head in shame
Once when the Yankee's Lou Pinella was batting he questioned a Palermo strike call. Pinella demanded, "Where was that pitch at?" Palermo told him that a man wearing Yankee pinstripes in front of 30,000 people should not end a sentence with a preposition. So Pinella, no dummy, said, "OK, where was that pitch at, a**hole?"
-George Will
Old Fri Feb 26, 2016, 11:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
We had a similar play last night. Common foul to start the 3rd quarter, before the throw-in ended. Then a violation on the subsequent inbounds. (so, yes, two "plays" and the clock still read 8:00. It was a harbinger of how long the second half would last.)

Only three people in the gym knew that the arrow didn't change, and why.
Hopefully the other 2 were part of your crew?