The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 18, 2016, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
Looking at all the replays - which is basically what the crew saw - I can understand why they went CDBT, which is essentially an F1 technical. Missouri #22 didn't wind up to hit Arkansas #33 and there wasn't a heck of a lot of follow through. In other words, it may not be as severe/extreme as it appeared on first glance.
This is just attempting to rationalize the decision rendered. It is still wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
She hit her in the face, intentionally. With or without windup or follow through, I'm hard pressed to see this as anything other than a fight.
This is absolutely correct. This was a deliberate cheap shot.
The best ruling would have been a held ball followed by a technical foul which carries an ejection. Whatever that is called in NCAAW terminology.
Old Mon Jan 18, 2016, 06:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
This is just attempting to rationalize the decision rendered. It is still wrong.
Did I say I agreed with it? If you remember, my first comment off my initial look in real time was F2. All I said was I can see how they came up with the CDBT based on what they saw on the replay.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)
Old Mon Jan 18, 2016, 06:52pm
Official Forum Member

I'm not so sure I see this as intentional. The way they came down with the held ball, it appears that Black 22's hand was on the ball under White 33's hand, and as her hand came loose, she got her in the face with a backhand/wrist.

Live action, on the first angle without zoom, it looks like a forearm, and I'd definitely toss Black 22 for that, but when you see the replays, especially slowed down, it doesn't look the same.
Old Mon Jan 18, 2016, 09:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
The best ruling would have been a held ball followed by a technical foul which carries an ejection. Whatever that is called in NCAAW terminology.
This is what they ruled. A held ball followed by a CDBTF, instead of the flagrant 2 T which most of us agree was warranted.
Old Mon Jan 18, 2016, 09:10pm
Official & Member

The contact looked a little too well placed to be anything other than F2 in my opinion...but I'm not on the court, with the benefit of knowing the exact NCAAW criteria and able to see it from all angles available at court side. In the big scheme of things, this one doesn't seem to rise to the level of egregious error on the part of the crew by any means.
Old Mon Jan 18, 2016, 09:36pm
Official Forum Member

F2 in my opinion..
Old Tue Jan 19, 2016, 12:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes View Post
I'm not so sure I see this as intentional. The way they came down with the held ball, it appears that Black 22's hand was on the ball under White 33's hand, and as her hand came loose, she got her in the face with a backhand/wrist.

Live action, on the first angle without zoom, it looks like a forearm, and I'd definitely toss Black 22 for that, but when you see the replays, especially slowed down, it doesn't look the same.
That's essentially what I was trying to say earlier. Thank you for finding a better way to say it. Again, things look different under the bright lights and in slow motion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post
The contact looked a little too well placed to be anything other than F2 in my opinion...but I'm not on the court, with the benefit of knowing the exact NCAAW criteria and able to see it from all angles available at court side. In the big scheme of things, this one doesn't seem to rise to the level of egregious error on the part of the crew by any means.
The NCAAW criteria isn't any different than NCAAM. The rule for F2s includes the words "severe" and "extreme" (the act doesn't have to be both). As I said earlier, I can see how Missouri #22 was allowed to stay in the game based on the rule and what they saw/didn't see on the replay and - possibly - the emotional temperature of the game.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)