The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 30, 2015, 11:36am
beware big brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Thanks for your advice guys! I personally like a couple of tweets on offensive fouls, especially ones like this that may not be super obvious. I think it helps sell the call.

johnny d, I would agree with your comments under other circumstances but I don't think this is a play where I should have been on the court more at Slot or closed down to the play. It's a run-of-the-mill illegal screen. If it were a harder screen and bodies were on the floor then I would certainly close down but didn't feel a big reaction was necessary for a small play. I don't see how I am walking away from the play, I am walking past it to go report. I do agree that my signalling mechanic needs work, I didn't like when I was pointing one way and pointing back at the player who fouled at the same time.

You are right, it was a run-of-mill call. When I said close down, I didn't mean close down hard or far like you would for a play with a big reaction or bodies on the floor. Just a few steps towards the play. IMO, it sells the call better than a couple tweets on the whistle and makes it seem like you were closer to the play than the 25-30 feet you were when you made the call. Not a big deal either way. Most important is getting the call and then working on that mechanic. Like I said originally, good get.
Old Thu Dec 31, 2015, 04:51am
C'mon man!!

Great video and good call. I too have heard the phrase you can pick to roll but not roll to pick. I have used it this season and it has helped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk