The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Thu Dec 24, 2015, 12:26pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 83
Video resources for rookie

I'm looking for some reliable video examples to help a young HS official in our association.

Specifically we are looking for block / charge examples.

The Fed used to have dartfish account but I can't seem to be active anymore. Dartfish.tv channels

I've found a few decent examples on youtube but what he needs is the explanation to support the call.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Thu Dec 24, 2015, 12:44pm
Do not give a damn!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: On the border
Posts: 29,314
They stopped using Dartfish over 10 years ago.

Honestly, YouTube is a much better resource and if you get a downloader then you can use the videos for further review or editing.

Peace
__________________
Let us get into "Good Trouble."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Charles Michael “Mick” Chambers (1947-2010)
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Thu Dec 24, 2015, 12:48pm
Dad Dad is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
They stopped using Dartfish over 10 years ago.

Honestly, YouTube is a much better resource and if you get a downloader then you can use the videos for further review or editing.

Peace
Youtube can be a good resource. It's harder for rookie officials because they aren't as good at deciphering horribly interpreted rules from sound advice. Youtube has a lot of good/bad stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Thu Dec 24, 2015, 12:57pm
This IS My Social Life
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at L, T, or C
Posts: 2,379
Here's some video resources on block/charge:



Get More Block/Charge Calls Right

Block/Charge Video Clips
__________________
Making Every Effort to Be in the Right Place at the Right Time, Looking at the Right Thing to Make the Right Call

Last edited by Freddy; Thu Dec 24, 2015 at 12:59pm.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Thu Dec 24, 2015, 01:10pm
Do not give a damn!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: On the border
Posts: 29,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
Youtube can be a good resource. It's harder for rookie officials because they aren't as good at deciphering horribly interpreted rules from sound advice. Youtube has a lot of good/bad stuff.
You do not need the videos for rules, you need the videos for plays and situations. Most videos never reference any specific rule. There are some really good YouTube sites that only reference officiating situations as well that are more than just showing a play. And some of the people that produce that stuff are on this site. I have not dedicated my site to just officiating, but I have plays that just show the situation, I do not comment on what the rule should be on the site.

The rulebook is for rules and rookies are mostly intelligent to know this fact. But then again that is from my experience, your experience is obviously different.

Peace
__________________
Let us get into "Good Trouble."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Charles Michael “Mick” Chambers (1947-2010)
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Thu Dec 24, 2015, 01:57pm
Dad Dad is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You do not need the videos for rules, you need the videos for plays and situations. Most videos never reference any specific rule. There are some really good YouTube sites that only reference officiating situations as well that are more than just showing a play. And some of the people that produce that stuff are on this site. I have not dedicated my site to just officiating, but I have plays that just show the situation, I do not comment on what the rule should be on the site.

The rulebook is for rules and rookies are mostly intelligent to know this fact. But then again that is from my experience, your experience is obviously different.

Peace
If you have/know some good channels would you mind posting them or PMing me?

Would be greatly appreciated, Mr.R.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Thu Dec 24, 2015, 03:12pm
Do not give a damn!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: On the border
Posts: 29,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
If you have/know some good channels would you mind posting them or PMing me?

Would be greatly appreciated, Mr.R.
Just do a search for basketball officiating, things will come up.

Peace
__________________
Let us get into "Good Trouble."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Charles Michael “Mick” Chambers (1947-2010)
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Thu Dec 24, 2015, 08:04pm
#thereferee99
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 624
Here's a few...

Training videos we like
__________________
-- #thereferee99

Last edited by referee99; Thu Dec 24, 2015 at 08:07pm.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Fri Dec 25, 2015, 03:32am
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,557
Join Court Club and get access to their video releases. Or do as I do and get video from your own games, clip plays, and build you own video library. I have hundreds of clips from my own games.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Fri Dec 25, 2015, 09:57am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,574
Video resources for rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Here's some video resources on block/charge:



Get More Block/Charge Calls Right

Block/Charge Video Clips

I can't decide whose instructional videos are more boring: FIBA's or IAABO's.

How about those awesome 2-person crews as recently as 2004!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old Fri Dec 25, 2015, 11:39am
Esteemed Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,027
The Land That Time Forgot ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
How about those awesome 2-person crews as recently as 2004!
How about those awesome 2-person crews in Connecticut as recently as 2015-16.

(Image deleted. If you wish to see it, consult the other thousand times Billy posted it. Thank you.)
__________________
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old Fri Dec 25, 2015, 11:47am
Rich's Avatar
Get away from me, Steve.
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 15,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
How about those awesome 2-person crews in Connecticut as recently as 2015-16.
Can't you stop posting the same images again and again and again and again?
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old Fri Dec 25, 2015, 11:53am
Esteemed Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,027
Can't Use The Belt Highway Sign Photo Anymore ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Can't you stop posting the same images again and again and again and again?
Oldie but goodie.
__________________
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old Fri Dec 25, 2015, 11:55am
Esteemed Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,027
Better ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
(Image deleted. If you wish to see it, consult the other thousand times Billy posted it. Thank you.)
__________________
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old Fri Dec 25, 2015, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 17,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Oldie but goodie.
1/2 right.

Hint: It's not the second half.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Audio Resources? Freddy Basketball 0 Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:25pm
Officiating Resources agmattbballref Basketball 46 Sat Sep 15, 2007 01:18am
Youth football resources kentref Football 1 Tue May 16, 2006 10:45pm
Resources brandan89 Softball 6 Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:33pm
Offseason Study Resources NDSD Football 12 Sun Feb 22, 2004 08:41am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1