The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 23, 2015, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

NBA Pants

I've noticed NBA officials this year are wearing flat front pants but not with western style pockets. Rather with front pockets on the side. This would be ideal for me as I like flat front but I don't like western style pockets. Does anyone know where to get these?
Old Mon Nov 23, 2015, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

The new Smitty 4-way stretch pants are offered in pleated, flat front w/slash pockets (This is what you are talking about), and the flat front with western pockets. That is the only brand I have seen. I have seen them at Officially Sports and Purchase Officials. I just got the pleated version and had them hemmed this weekend. Trying them out tonight and will give my opinion later.

I would wear the flat front with slash pockets except everyone I work with wears pleated. I think the NBA is the first group to go away from pleats it seems.
Old Mon Nov 23, 2015, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
The new Smitty 4-way stretch pants are offered in pleated, flat front w/slash pockets (This is what you are talking about), and the flat front with western pockets. That is the only brand I have seen. I have seen them at Officially Sports and Purchase Officials. I just got the pleated version and had them hemmed this weekend. Trying them out tonight and will give my opinion later.

I would wear the flat front with slash pockets except everyone I work with wears pleated. I think the NBA is the first group to go away from pleats it seems.
Thanks
Old Mon Nov 23, 2015, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

I think you can also get them at beltlesspants.com (but I didn't do a lot of research on it)
Old Tue Nov 24, 2015, 12:10am
Official Forum Member

I like the new Smitty pants after wearing them tonight. Light, stretchy, seems like they are made well. Much thinner than Sansabelts but I like them.