The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Tue Jul 09, 2013, 08:51am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 17,580
Babe Ruth League Rules

I know (well, I think I know) that Babe Ruth is "OBR, except..."

Does anyone have a list of or a link to the exceptions? (16 or 16-18 division, if it matters)

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Tue Jul 09, 2013, 01:03pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,606
I've got the 2013 rule book at home, Bob. I can look it up and Email you the details.

Seeya this weekend in the state tournament!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Tue Jul 09, 2013, 08:32pm
DG DG is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I know (well, I think I know) that Babe Ruth is "OBR, except..."

Does anyone have a list of or a link to the exceptions? (16 or 16-18 division, if it matters)

Thanks
Re-entry, re-entry of used players if injury or ejection occurs, pitcher removed for two trips is removed from the mound as a pitcher only not the game, malicious contact rule at the plate only, no tobacco, no jewelry, batting helmets with double ear flaps, pitching limitations, BBCOR or wood bats. There are some more esoteric rules, like baseballs must be Rawlings with BRO or RBRO for tournament play, but those listed above are the ones umpires should know.

Unlike high school catchers are not required to wear full ear protection, there is no FPSR, and of course obstruction is OBR.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Wed Jul 10, 2013, 08:07am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 17,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Re-entry, re-entry of used players if injury or ejection occurs, pitcher removed for two trips is removed from the mound as a pitcher only not the game, malicious contact rule at the plate only, no tobacco, no jewelry, batting helmets with double ear flaps, pitching limitations, BBCOR or wood bats. There are some more esoteric rules, like baseballs must be Rawlings with BRO or RBRO for tournament play, but those listed above are the ones umpires should know.

Unlike high school catchers are not required to wear full ear protection, there is no FPSR, and of course obstruction is OBR.
Thanks. Can you describe more fully the re-entry, re-entry of used players if injury or ejection occurs, malicious contact rule at the plate only, and pitching limitations?

I found the list of banned bats on the BR website; the others rule changes are self-explanatory.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Wed Jul 10, 2013, 09:12pm
DG DG is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Thanks. Can you describe more fully the re-entry, re-entry of used players if injury or ejection occurs, malicious contact rule at the plate only, and pitching limitations?

I found the list of banned bats on the BR website; the others rule changes are self-explanatory.
All starters may be removed for a sub, and re-enter later in same batting order, just like HS rules. Subs who have been removed are done. However, if all subs have been used and an injury or ejection occurs, a burned sub may be used. Purpose is to not penalize the team for injury or ejection after putting all their players into the game to get them playing time. Prior to rule change (yes it was a change), coaches would save at least one player for just this event. A pitcher removed due to 2 trips can go to another position immediately, he is not removed from the game. He can not come back to pitch if remove for 2 trips, but can if removed for 1 trip, ala MLB.

Malicious is defined as intentional and deliberate, and is judgment of the umpire. I alway say "you know it when you see "it" and every time I have seen it results in instantaneous out and ejection (both of my son's were catchers so I know it when I see it). MC over-rules obstruction by the way. Rule applies at the plate only and of course most likely location. Obstruction is by OBR rule.

I will correct myself on pitching rules for 16-18, there are no restrictions like there are for all ages under 16, but coaches are encouraged to be sensible.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jul 11, 2013, 06:33am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 17,580
Thank you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASA vs Babe Ruth FP rules greymule Softball 0 Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:45pm
Babe Ruth rules Carbide Keyman Baseball 3 Fri May 06, 2005 10:50am
Number on a 13-15 babe ruth league team harpp Baseball 5 Sun Jul 11, 2004 08:55pm
Babe Ruth rules Jake80 Baseball 7 Fri Jun 18, 2004 03:34pm
Babe Ruth League rmiszta Softball 0 Sat Apr 05, 2003 06:27pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1