The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 05, 2012, 01:32pm
Official Forum Member

I just got a call last night from a good friend of mine who I work ASA slow/fast pitch SB with up here in MPLS!
He's about 26 and has been doing mainly slow pitch for the last 4 year's. He's arguably our best all around umpire other than our top 3 or 4 OLD dogs. 2 National tournaments in 4 years of umpiring, doing championship games in both tournies.
Great KID as we call him in the aging slow pitch umpire world!

Anyway he calls me last night and says I'm not going to be around.....I'm like Oh **** what happened? I'm thinking the worst, Health, Job, Marriage....

"I just got back from the MLB baseball Camp in Compton, California and I am also attending the PBUC in Florida next month!"

So he's quitting his Job and chasing a dream.... Pretty cool stuff.

He does have College degree to fall back on if things don't go his way so that's a plus.

I'm both jealous and very excited for him! I know it's a LONG shot. I want to say he said 30 or so will make it to the next step out of the Camp of a 100 or so? Does that sound right?

Any feedback or pointers I can pass along with the ones already posted would be great.

Thanks much~