The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 10:23am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastshire View Post
FWIW, every youth league I've ever worked for has had a local rule prohibiting jewelry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
I think most youth leagues with a national presence prohibit jewelry in their national rules.
Oh. The OP said "OBR" rules. That is misleading. It was "modified OBR" rules then. Thanks for clearing this up.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 10:54am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
Oh. The OP said "OBR" rules. That is misleading. It was "modified OBR" rules then. Thanks for clearing this up.
Come on Steve. When speaking of 14U what do you think is most likely going to be the case?
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 11:28am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Come on Steve. When speaking of 14U what do you think is most likely going to be the case?
I'm sorry, I forgot to put up my sarcasm sign. My bad.

It has been awhile since I worked youth leagues, but I don't recall jewelry being brought up at any plate conferences. Only in FED games, where jewelry was a major point of emphasis in my plate conferences.
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 11:44am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
I'm sorry, I forgot to put up my sarcasm sign. My bad.
It was read loud and clear, I just don't see the point in even mentioning it.
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 01:43pm

Because you and Eastshire replied to my post concerning the subject, as if I were being admonished about inquiring why jewelry was mentioned in an OBR game. I would not have commented at all otherwise.
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Because you and Eastshire replied to my post concerning the subject, as if I were being admonished about inquiring why jewelry was mentioned in an OBR game. I would not have commented at all otherwise.
I, for one, was not admonishing, just saying that in my experience jewelry rules are ubiquitous, and can be safely assumed when the given match is a youth game (particularly when the story involves such a rule being enforced).
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 01:55pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastshire View Post
I, for one, was not admonishing, just saying that in my experience jewelry rules are ubiquitous, and can be safely assumed when the given match is a youth game (particularly when the story involves such a rule being enforced).
Okay, fair enough. I was just asking. Like I said, not many warnings (or discussions in plate conferences) for jewelry given out in youth games here, unless specifically emphasized in the local league rules.
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankmjg24 View Post
Home team is batting now with R1 and R2. .......
Home team is hitting with R1, R2, and R3. ... ...
So what is everyone's thoughts?
In general, I echo the thought that you did well working two man, solo, in a drain-the-swamp game.

Just one question: the paragraphs don't describe immediately suceeding plays, do they? [It's unclear from text and context]. "cause if so, I think you may have incorrectly "enforced the obstruction" [i.e.: you scored R2 in the first play on the obstruction, right?].
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 06:17pm
Official Forum Member

I always mention jewelry at the plate meeting for HS games and below. It helps get rid of those safety hazard phiten necklaces, Livestrong bracelets, and those tiny gold chains no one can even see unless they get real close to a player.
Old Tue Apr 24, 2012, 09:43am
Official Forum Member

Yes the paragraphs are not in succeeding order. I just typed in each situation as it occurred in the duration of the game I awarded home to R2, allowed R1 to stay at third and BR to stay at second.

Jewelry is prohibited as a safety concern. The only exception is a medical alert tag which has to be taped down to the body. I blame Major League players for all of these kids wanting to wear a jewelry store on the field these days. There is no reason why a player should step foot on a field with jewelry on. Had a high school game the other day and the player had on a chain necklace with a cross pennant, baseball pennant, baseball bat pennant, and glove pennant on it. He could not figure out why he was not allowed to wear it. My best one of the season though has to be the player that was wearing a shark tooth necklace.