The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 25, 2011, 02:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Exactly how would one go about compiling a bibliography for ones opinions? (WTF are you talking about!??!)
Your comment wasn't given as opinion, but as fact. I'll give you that TLR has done his fair share of whining, but if you're going to spout some BS about faking an injury and giving this statement as fact of it happening before, feel free to give us proof of it.

In fact, it was Maddon that faked a pitcher injury, and I can't recall any time that TLR has even come close to doing the same.
Old Tue Oct 25, 2011, 02:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawetag View Post
Your comment wasn't given as opinion, but as fact. I'll give you that TLR has done his fair share of whining, but if you're going to spout some BS about faking an injury and giving this statement as fact of it happening before, feel free to give us proof of it.

In fact, it was Maddon that faked a pitcher injury, and I can't recall any time that TLR has even come close to doing the same.
No, I didn't. What I said was, "The TLR we've seen in the past would have chosen that moment to have a conniption fit (or have a coach do it), or fake an injury, or SOMETHING to make sure the pitcher HE wanted was coming in."

My point being ... if TLR is not fabricating this phone nonsense, then he WOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING to stall. Reading some after posting this, I've read no less than 3 articles (all in the link above) that call Tony LaRussa the king of stalling (there's your bibliography, I guess). I was NOT saying TLR is a cheat, but rather saying that he would have found a way, whatever that entails.

West Houston Mike
Old Tue Oct 25, 2011, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Everyone not in St. Louis knows LaRussa is a weasel who thinks way too highly of himself.
wea·sel noun \ˈwē-zəl\

1 : any of various small slender active carnivorous mammals (genus Mustela of the family Mustelidae, the weasel family) that are able to prey on animals (as rabbits) larger than themselves, are mostly brown with white or yellowish underparts, and in northern forms turn white in winter — compare ermine

2: a sneaky, untrustworthy, or insincere person : See also Tony LaRussa
Old Tue Oct 25, 2011, 05:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Everyone not in St. Louis knows LaRussa is a weasel who thinks way too highly of himself.
For the record, I can not stand the Cardinals and I am a Cubs fan. With that said, I like LaRussa. Does he over-manage sometimes? Probably. But he wins a lot of games. When I think of turd managers in MLB, he isn't really at the top of the list either.

As for last night, who knows?
Old Tue Oct 25, 2011, 05:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
You could say this about any coach or manager at the college level and above.
I wouldn't paint everyone with too broad of a brush. There are really good guys at the college level and above (And high school and above for that matter), and there are some a-holes at all levels that think really highly of themselves. This is no different from any other profession, umpiring included.
Old Tue Oct 25, 2011, 05:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
I wouldn't paint everyone with too broad of a brush. There are really good guys at the college level and above (And high school and above for that matter), and there are some a-holes at all levels that think really highly of themselves. This is no different from any other profession, umpiring included.
Thinking highly of yourself does not mean you are an a-hole. It is how you treat people and many coaches do not treat people with a lot of respect especially if they are umpires/officials. Some get it and do not try to get in our way, others treat others with a lot of disrespect.

Peace
Old Tue Oct 25, 2011, 05:25pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
He is a master - and is always thinking 15 moves ahead.
Wow. La Genius has so many enemies in baseball, it even isn't funny.
Old Tue Oct 25, 2011, 05:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Thinking highly of yourself does not mean you are an a-hole. It is how you treat people and many coaches do not treat people with a lot of respect especially if they are umpires/officials. Some get it and do not try to get in our way, others treat others with a lot of disrespect.

Peace
Sounds like an a$$hole to me.
Old Fri Oct 28, 2011, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Who knows whether pitcher LaRusso wanted would have gotten the out. He could just as easily given up a HR ball. Blaming the loss on the phone is just rediculous. Nothing else happen during the game?
Old Fri Oct 28, 2011, 05:50pm
Veteran College Umpire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Ives View Post
Yes there is. Miscommuniction happens. Fact of life.
Just ask my wife...

JJ