The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 22, 2011, 06:32am
Official Forum Member

A quick look at your posts here show you once wrote, if the wife of the coach involved in an attack against umpires had confronted you in the locker room, she would have had a hard time walking away. Another member chastised you for advocating violence against women. Is that what you meant by being careful with your words and stating only things you can prove? You also denigrated Peter Gammons as a liver lipped fool and described Brewers coaches as having loose screws. Those people are still alive and no, you did not preface your statements as being your opinion.

Illinois law allows for people to state their opinions freely. That is what is done on this forum. You just did it. Parroting the words written in several books and numerous magazines further enables my freedom of speech. Pallone was fired for being homosexual. His termination letter included this topic. He was not fired for performance. Giamatti proved that he wielded ultimate authority with the handling of Pete Rose. People were not terminated without his approval. If you want to believe that Pallone was fired for another reason other than what was stated in the letter, go ahead. You have that freedom. I will retain mine to state my opinion.

Last edited by MikeStrybel; Thu Sep 22, 2011 at 07:41am.
Old Thu Sep 22, 2011, 07:41am
Official Forum Member

Let me sumamrize:

1) One shouldn't slander or libel

2) Whether the comments made rise to that is a matter beyond the scope of this forum.
Closed Thread