The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Aug 06, 2011, 12:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
Giants v Phillies last night

Lot of people from both sides will be taking time off and be lighter in the wallets when MLB sorts this all out.
Old Sat Aug 06, 2011, 01:31pm
Official Forum Member

Molina got five games for bumping an umpire four times and spitting on him twice. Doubtful anyone gets more than one game (after appeal) and a small fine after this.
Old Sat Aug 06, 2011, 01:32pm
Official Forum Member

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | PHI@SF: Benches clear after Victorino hit by a pitch - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia
Old Sat Aug 06, 2011, 02:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post
Molina got five games for bumping an umpire four times and spitting on him twice. Doubtful anyone gets more than one game (after appeal) and a small fine after this.
Except the pitcher will get more because they don't play every day (so 5 days for a starter, maybe 2 for a reliever).
Old Mon Aug 08, 2011, 05:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnSandlin View Post
Lot of people from both sides will be taking time off and be lighter in the wallets when MLB sorts this all out.
The only suspension was Victorino, 3 games.
Old Mon Aug 08, 2011, 06:03pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry1953 View Post
The only suspension was Victorino, 3 games.
...and that will likely be less as he's appealing.

Victorino suspended 3 games, 3 others fined - CBSSports.com
Old Wed Aug 10, 2011, 07:57am
Official Forum Member

Big deal he got hit in the *** what's the problem? Why is he charging the mound? I'm showing my age but I'd give anything to see him charge the mound when Bob Gibson or Don Drysdale were pitching. Victorino would have got his *** kicked. Oh well different era when the players policed themselves.
Old Wed Aug 10, 2011, 08:27am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon30307 View Post
Big deal he got hit in the *** what's the problem? Why is he charging the mound? I'm showing my age but I'd give anything to see him charge the mound when Bob Gibson or Don Drysdale were pitching. Victorino would have got his *** kicked. Oh well different era when the players policed themselves.
Yeah, the good ole days when batters would take their bats out to the mound to "police" the situation.
Old Wed Aug 10, 2011, 08:49am
Official Forum Member

Wink

My naive child. Let me tell you a story. Back in the day when men played baseball the players policed themselves. You plunck my guy I plunck your guy now we're even and we play on. Rarely if ever did anyone charge the mound unless of course you went head hunting which rarely happened. Pitchers could even pitch inside without warnings being issued or players charging the mound. Batters didn't wear armor at the plate nor did they hang over the plate lest they get "brushed back". Hell Ron Santo spent his whole career on his butt because he got brushed back after Banks hit a homer. I never saw him him charge the mound. He would dust himself off get back in the box and they would play on.
Old Wed Aug 10, 2011, 02:03pm
Official Forum Member

+1 Gordon
Old Fri Aug 12, 2011, 07:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon30307 View Post
My naive child. Let me tell you a story. Back in the day when men played baseball the players policed themselves. You plunck my guy I plunck your guy now we're even and we play on. Rarely if ever did anyone charge the mound unless of course you went head hunting which rarely happened. Pitchers could even pitch inside without warnings being issued or players charging the mound. Batters didn't wear armor at the plate nor did they hang over the plate lest they get "brushed back". Hell Ron Santo spent his whole career on his butt because he got brushed back after Banks hit a homer. I never saw him him charge the mound. He would dust himself off get back in the box and they would play on.
How many times did you see a Mickey Mantle or Hank Aaron charging the mound? That's the difference in todays game.

Thanks
David