The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 25, 2011, 09:53am
Official Forum Member

New favorite shirt

For years, my favorite umpire jersey has been the long sleeved, lined shirt from +POS. They're warm, sleek, and classy. No need ever for a jacket behind the plate with this thing (at least in San Diego). I had two. Gave one to an up an coming Junior, and kept the other one.

The owner of The Official's Choice has solicited my advice over the past couple years, as I don't hold anything back, been around a while, and work a lot of different levels of ball. I funneled all the stuff I gleened off this, and other websites, tempered them with my views, and offered guidance for fixes, and future products. One thing they did want to do was reproduce my old l/s jersey. So I sent my last one to them.

Well, a few monthes later, a bag arrived in the mail. Gents, I gotta tell ya, this is my new favorite. They took all the good designs from the +POS shirt, and just made it better. The lining is warm and soft, and the collar is stout (and the cuffs are not striped, like the +POS). The outside material is a ton better, It's not silkey, like the +POS, so it won't pull out of your pants while working the plate. They even got the sizing right. Guys, this is the real deal.

This new shirt is navy, which we all know is fading from style. I did mention to them that black might be a better, if not optional, choice to go with. If they make a black version of this shirt, I'd be willing to say it would be a big seller. I'd wear it behind the dish, or on the bases, as it looks FAR better than a tucked in jacket. FAR BETTER.

Now before you think I'm just shilling for these guys, understand that I was the first in line to hammer them over their brown shirts, and near black pants. They've made their mistakes, to be sure, But they nailed this thing dead on.

Kyle
Old Fri Mar 25, 2011, 11:38am
Official Forum Member

Shirt does not appear on their website.
Old Fri Mar 25, 2011, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

It's not in full production yet. Sorry 'bout that.
Old Sat Mar 26, 2011, 07:22am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to BK47
how about taking a picture of it and putting it on here for us to see?