The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 30, 2002, 10:29am
Official Forum Member

Our baseball coummunity is soliciting a new fee structure for the 2003 baseball season. Can anyone provide the fee structure for your areas for a comparison. It doesn't matter what level (College, high school, select or house level).
Thanks

Old Wed Oct 30, 2002, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

Talking

2 man crew fee's

LL/BR(etc) - Min's/Maj's #35 + Jr's/Sr's $45
NFHS - Varsity $60 + JV $45
Am.Leg/NABA - $50

*** an Extra $50 per man:
if the crew "outside the fence" make the calls..... ;- )
Old Wed Oct 30, 2002, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

Originally posted by sneallyk

Our baseball coummunity is soliciting a new fee structure for the 2003 baseball season. Can anyone provide the fee structure for your areas for a comparison. It doesn't matter what level (College, high school, select or house level).
Thanks

Based on 2 person crews Each individual receives

1. HS - Modified $50.00
Freshman / JV - $58
Varsity - $78

In addition, when working SOLO you get a FEE plus 1/2. If a game is cancelled you have to be notifyed 1hr. and 1/2 in advance otherwise you receive FULL game FEE.

2. CWBL (Collegaite Wood bat League) - $60 for 7 $70 for 9
3. Men's Leagues - $60 for 7 $70 for 9
4. Legion 18's - $50.00
5. Jr. Legion = 16's $45.00
6. Jr. Legion - 14's $40.00
7. Other youth leagues 18 and under - $50.00
16 and under - $45.00
14 and under - $40.00

All contracts are the same for notification purposes. An umpire should be notified of game changes 1hr. and 30 minutes in advance otherwise full game FEE. SOLO = FEE plus 1/2

Also, All FEES paid at the plate conference BEFORE the game. No FEE at plate conference = NO GAME. If a check is bounced the league in which the check bounced is required to pay any BANK charges, etc.

IMO, no matter what FEE structure you have, make sure it is written down and approved by everyone so there is no misunderstanding.

Pete Booth
Old Sun Nov 03, 2002, 02:06am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to etbaseball Send a message via Yahoo to etbaseball
Sneallyk:

Listed below are the fees that our group charges in Northern California, specifically, the Santa Clara Valley area. (AKA Silicon Valley)

Check out our umpire website for additional information that may be of use to you. http://www.scvfu.com

Fees listed are fees paid to umpires. Umpires working game solo are paid 150% of the fee listed.

Pinto - Mustang - Bronco $32.00
.............................Pony $37.00
..............................Colt $45.00
......................Palomino $55.00
.....Summer High School $60.00
........Am Leg 7/9 innings $60.00 / $75.00
..Old Timers - 7/9 innings $60.00 / $75.00
....................College 7/9 $65.00 / $80.00

Our association, Santa Clara Valley Federation of Umpires, Inc., charges the leagues we service anywhere from $10 to $15 additional, per game to cover administrative functions and assignors fees. As an example: Colt level / league fee would be $104/game - of which $90 is paid to umpires, $45 each.

These are 2002 fees and will probably remain effective through the 2003 season. Normally our fees increase every two years.

Old Wed Nov 06, 2002, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Umpire Fee Schedule

From Middlesex County, NJ

LL/BR: $30 (or volunteer)
Seniors: $30
Sub-varsity: $42
Varsity: $54
Am. Legion: $37
MSBL/USOTB: $55

At LL/Seniors level, extensive use is made of "cadets", teen-agers who get $20.
Old Wed Nov 06, 2002, 03:03pm
Official Forum Member

As last year being my first year in our association, I wasn't too sure on what our fee structure was. As I found out, I don't think there is one. I think the association takes whatever the school is offering. As a new umpire, I was just excited to fill my evenings with games. What I found I ran into were single man games. I know as a rookie ump, these can be expected, but I was getting paid a rate averaging $30. Not once was I paid 150% like many of you are saying. Does this sound like something that should be brought up to the association secretary? Or should I just let it be. Those single games can be pretty harsh on a new umpire's esteem. But, I'm sure like many of you have, I just brushed them off. And, although I deffinately don't umpire for the money, a few extra bucks after a game like that sure makes you feel a little better!
Old Wed Nov 06, 2002, 03:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to etbaseball Send a message via Yahoo to etbaseball
Buckeye12:

Your dealing with two different structures. Non high school rates are usually where the 150% structure enteres the equation, but not entirely. You see in high school there are many games assigned for a single umpire. Lots of JV & Freshman games are solo umps. A specific fee for these games is usually published. However, during varsity games, scheduled for two umpries, if only one umpire works the game, then they get paid 150% of the published fee schedule for what each of the two umpires were scheduled to be paid.

In our association, all summer/amatuer ball, all league contracts are written with the intent to provide 2 umpires for each and every game accepted. When, due to what ever circustances that prevail, only one umpire works the game, then he is paid at the rate of 150% for that game.

High schools for many years have accepted contracts for for lower level HS games as "one umpire only" venues. In this case usually they publish a specific fee for such. That fee is not computated at the 150% rate, but rather far less, becuase new or lower ranked umpires usually are assigned these games. You might look at it as a lessor fee traded off for the training and development of reasonably new umpires.

Hope this somewhat clarifies the confusion.

Old Wed Nov 06, 2002, 06:37pm
Official Forum Member

Massachusetts:

2003-4 season HS
each umpire $64 Varsity
$45 JV (fee plus 1/2 if worked alone)

typical leagues:
LL Majors- Volunteer to $40/game (one ump)
LL BR JR/SR $35 each umpire
American Legion $45 each umpire
Men's Leagues $55 (9 innings) each umpire
AAU $45 each umpire (slightly less for under 13)

all (except LL Maj) are fee plus 1/2 if worked alone
full fee if game starts, then isn't finished
1/2 fee if you show up and there is no game (no call)
no fee if you get notice 1.5 hours before game time

These are generally common in eastern Massachusetts