The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 10, 2010, 09:08am
Official Forum Member

Charged Visit??

Fed Rules: If during an inning a coach (though he never leaves the dugout) requests time to send out a player to replace one of his outfielders (no injury, etc.; strictly defensive), isn't this technically a charged visit, though he never came out on the field and the exchange took less than minute?
Old Sun Oct 10, 2010, 10:17am
Official Forum Member

Cookie:

Think things through. How you could you possible ask this question?

Charged visits are based on F1 and occur on the mouond.

Now we all know that if the HC calls F2 (Or any other player) over to the dugout, talks to them and then they go directly to the mound THAT IS a conference.

What a stretch.

T
Old Sun Oct 10, 2010, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Fed Rules: If during an inning a coach (though he never leaves the dugout) requests time to send out a player to replace one of his outfielders (no injury, etc.; strictly defensive), isn't this technically a charged visit, though he never came out on the field and the exchange took less than minute?
A change of players is not a charged visit.
Old Sun Oct 10, 2010, 05:38pm
Official Forum Member

Tim C: "...Charged visits are based on F1 and occur on the mouond."

So you're saying if a coach requested time and went to talk over strategy with his F6 an F4 on how to handle R1, that would not be a charged visit?
Old Sun Oct 10, 2010, 05:40pm
Official Forum Member

"...A change of players is not a charged visit."

Thanks Bob, I will remember that...
Old Sun Oct 10, 2010, 07:41pm
Official Forum Member

Sheese!

Quote:
"So you're saying if a coach requested time and went to talk over strategy with his F6 an F4 on how to handle R1, that would not be a charged visit?"
No, I give credit to the people who post here.

I have this feeling that you are trying to show how smart you are instead of really asking questions.

I tried to cover the issue of coaches talking to players and then that plater going directly to the mound.

Give us some credit here for understanding the game and the rules.

You just made by Ignore list.

T
Old Mon Oct 11, 2010, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

"No, I give credit to the people who post here.

I have this feeling that you are trying to show how smart you are instead of really asking questions.

I tried to cover the issue of coaches talking to players and then that plater going directly to the mound.

You just made by Ignore list."

Sheese!
Old Mon Oct 11, 2010, 01:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C View Post
No, I give credit to the people who post here.

You just made by Ignore list.

T
Was speaking to another poster earlier today and the word "troll" came up...
Old Mon Oct 11, 2010, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Tim C: "...Charged visits are based on F1 and occur on the mouond."

So you're saying if a coach requested time and went to talk over strategy with his F6 an F4 on how to handle R1, that would not be a charged visit?

That would be a charged defensive conference.
Old Mon Oct 11, 2010, 04:12pm
Official Forum Member

Under FED, these are called "conferences" not "visits". They are not "based on F1". They do not necessarily "occur on the mound". Any meeting between the coach (or his "non-playing representative") and any defensive player is a conference. Defensive conferences do not have to take place in fair territory. They can take place in foul territory, and if so, they end when the coach or non-playing representative initially starts to return to the dugout or bench. A conference is not "charged" if the pitcher is removed as a pitcher, so a coach can go out as many times as he wants as long as each time he removes the pitcher, as a pitcher, for the remainder of the game.

Last edited by BSUmp16; Mon Oct 11, 2010 at 04:26pm.
Old Mon Oct 11, 2010, 04:47pm
Official Forum Member

Hmm,

As you have selected to educate us perhaps you should have also listed that under NFHS rules if an offensive conference is requested first then the "defensive conference" is not charged as long as it ends immmediately at the end of the offensive conference.

Your pretentious side is showing.
Old Mon Oct 11, 2010, 06:10pm
Official Forum Member

Tim C states:

"As you have selected to educate us perhaps you should have also listed that under NFHS rules if an offensive conference is requested first then the "defensive conference" is not charged as long as it ends immmediately at the end of the offensive conference.

Your pretentious side is showing."

The purpose of this forum is in fact to discuss, educate and inform. Cookie asked a legitimate question and then you jump all over him with incorrect information. Your earlier post stating that "Charged visits are based on F1 and occur on the mouond" was wrong. Additionally, your statement that a conference with a fielder will only be charged if the fielder then "go[es] directly to the mound" is also incorrect - the conference is charged no matter where the fielder goes.

I think you're confusing my being "pretentious" with my "being right".

For what it's worth, your most recent statement is correct, and it applies both to conferences initiated by the offense and conferences initiated by the defense.
Old Mon Oct 11, 2010, 06:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUmp16 View Post
Tim C states:

"As you have selected to educate us perhaps you should have also listed that under NFHS rules if an offensive conference is requested first then the "defensive conference" is not charged as long as it ends immmediately at the end of the offensive conference.

Your pretentious side is showing."

The purpose of this forum is in fact to discuss, educate and inform. Cookie asked a legitimate question and then you jump all over him with incorrect information. Your earlier post stating that "Charged visits are based on F1 and occur on the mouond" was wrong. Additionally, your statement that a conference with a fielder will only be charged if the fielder then "go[es] directly to the mound" is also incorrect - the conference is charged no matter where the fielder goes.

I think you're confusing my being "pretentious" with my "being right".

For what it's worth, your most recent statement is correct, and it applies both to conferences initiated by the offense and conferences initiated by the defense.
Tim jumped all over him to make him think about his question. Unlike many here, Tim & I do not "gift wrap" the answers. We make you think. Sorry if that is out of your league!
Old Mon Oct 11, 2010, 06:56pm
Official Forum Member

Hmmm,

BSUmp 16:

I stand corrected I was wrong in my explanation of a FED conference.

Cookie is still not an umpire, most likely a troll.

T
Old Mon Oct 11, 2010, 08:48pm
Official Forum Member

Tim, why do you have to be so tough on people?