The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 03, 2007, 01:32pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to argodad
Visit to Seattle

Thanks to bkbjones and SRW for their friendly hospitality during my visit to the great Pacific Northwest. I e-mailed John to ask if there was any good fast pitch action over the Labor Day weekend. Turns out that the Absolute Blast Exposure tournament was the perfect softball fix. My wife gave me my liberty card for Sunday afternoon. I watched some quality softball and met some good umpires. Next time we visit DD and her husband, I'm bringing my gear!

But I don't know if I can umpire in these conditions. 75F, sunny and dry with a view of towering evergreens behind the outfield fence? How do you concentrate if you don't have sweat dripping from the bill of your cap and the tip of your nose?
Old Mon Sep 03, 2007, 09:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by argodad
Thanks to bkbjones and SRW for their friendly hospitality during my visit to the great Pacific Northwest. I e-mailed John to ask if there was any good fast pitch action over the Labor Day weekend. Turns out that the Absolute Blast Exposure tournament was the perfect softball fix. My wife gave me my liberty card for Sunday afternoon. I watched some quality softball and met some good umpires. Next time we visit DD and her husband, I'm bringing my gear!

But I don't know if I can umpire in these conditions. 75F, sunny and dry with a view of towering evergreens behind the outfield fence? How do you concentrate if you don't have sweat dripping from the bill of your cap and the tip of your nose?
Larry,
We would love to have you. I know, it's tough to umpire in perfect weather, but trust me when I say it ALMOST makes up for some of our March and April drizzle festival.

I know you didn't make it to the other facility, but it's also hard when you have Mt. Rainier staring at you while you are waiting to get set and call that next pitch. At least if it ever blows you can be one of the first ones to holler "heads" — and call the game so you can run like the wind to your car to get the heck out of there.

It was my pleasure to meet you, and your wife and daughter. Be sure and hurry back!