The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 25, 2009, 08:46pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry Men, thanks Moderators

I would have deleted the post had I the opportunity after your comments.

No offense intended, but I was rather upset to see something like this. I hate stealing.

FYI, you made a good choice using the Purchase Officials branch in Ohio. I know the owner personally, and he is a class act.
Old Sun Oct 25, 2009, 09:04pm
Archaic Power Monger

I've ordered from Purchase Officials Ohio a couple of times and have been pleased with their service. I also recently placed an order with Ump-Attire.com and was also very happy with the service and products.
Old Sun Oct 25, 2009, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Another issue was when he sent an email blast out to every official in Wisconsin complaining about the deal the WIAA made with Gerry Davis Sports. The whole thing read like a note a 14-year-old would send a classmate about stealing her boyfriend. I wish Rex luck, but I'm not ever buying from him again.

I do have a company I've started doing more business with, though. Purchase Officials, out of Ohio. And also Gerry Davis Sports. Honig's has goine from getting 99% of my business to about 50%.
Im about 45 minutes from Purchase Officials in Fairlawn, OH (near Akron) and many many guys in our area speak highly. Ive never used them, but will look at them strongly when I need something.

My use of Honig's has gone down as well. Now - its pretty much just shirts and pants. Their protective gear, IMO, is a few notches down from the Wilson stuff and is more expensive. Not a compelling reason to buy from them. Plus their shipping is outrageous as well. I think they have lost a few steps and let the competition pick up ground on them.
Old Sun Oct 25, 2009, 09:34pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Personally, I find the list disgraceful. I find it only tells one side of the story and gives no room for any kind of presenting "the other side of the story." I know that after seeing that on his website I decided to never buy from him -- what if I had a dispute with him and he decided that my dispute meant I was a deadbeat? No thanks.

I think the moderator should delete that list and any references to it.
When I spoke to Rex last year, he told me that he used to front people gear when they had a hard luck story. Some made good on their promises to pay, many more simply took him to be a chump and ripped him off. I guess that's why he's a little jaded now, and that's why he posted his "Hall of Shame."

The last order I got was a couple months back, I ordered Shock Doctor compression shorts, but they were too small and didn't come any larger and he swapped them out for some McDavid's and got them back right away. His service has always been good as far as I'm concerned.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25