The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 20, 2009, 12:08am
Official Forum Member

Here it is. Works well for me. But ok, I need to work on the sizing of pics thing.

http://umpire.org/vb/attachment.php?...9&d=1235106444

Last edited by Durham; Fri Feb 20, 2009 at 01:04am.
Old Fri Feb 20, 2009, 12:30am
Archaic Power Monger

Durham, you won't be able to post attachments from Umpire.org directly in the thread. What you can do is upload the photo to www.tinypic.com and then you can post that link here.

Tiny Pic is nice because you don't need to create an account and you don't have to worry about managing an album if you just want to throw a quick picture online.
Old Fri Feb 20, 2009, 01:01am
Official Forum Member

Thanks man!
Old Fri Feb 20, 2009, 08:14am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
I just wanted you to know that we A) Read your suggestions, and B) follow them.

And, yes, just let it dry. It doesn't shine as much as when it's wet, but what does?
Thanks & Thanks
Old Fri Feb 20, 2009, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Anyone else use a can of scrubbing bubbles to clean their shoes? A lot of us out this way do, and it works great, as soon as the bubbles are done doing their thing just wipe dry and shine.

http://www.scrubbingbubbles.com/
Old Fri Feb 20, 2009, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Anyone else use a can of scrubbing bubbles to clean their shoes? A lot of us out this way do, and it works great, as soon as the bubbles are done doing their thing just wipe dry and shine.

Absolutely. It's effective, but I use the weak Murphy's solution because it's milder, but mainly because I keep my supply kit in the back of the SUV and in Southern Cal in the summer ... not a wise thing to have aerosol cans in the ride. At the house, though, I use the scrubbing bubbles, especially on the soles and if there's stuff in the seams and cracks.
Old Fri Feb 20, 2009, 06:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
Absolutely. It's effective, but I use the weak Murphy's solution because it's milder, but mainly because I keep my supply kit in the back of the SUV and in Southern Cal in the summer ... not a wise thing to have aerosol cans in the ride. At the house, though, I use the scrubbing bubbles, especially on the soles and if there's stuff in the seams and cracks.
Pardon my ignorance, I'm assuming you are speaking of Colgate Murphy's Oil Soap? What type of dilution do you use? Learning all sorts of tricks from this thread

-Josh
Old Fri Feb 20, 2009, 09:09pm
Official Forum Member

Fill a spray bottle and throw a couple capfuls of the concentrate in there. I haven't bothered to calculate it, but it's somewhere around 100 times less costly than Armour All, but it works in a similar way. It even leaves the shoes pretty shiny by itself.
Old Fri Feb 20, 2009, 11:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post

I have used it for about 3 years to clean my NB 450 & 350 shoes. I highly recommend it.
Old Sat Feb 21, 2009, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

Evans Bag

I sold my Diamond bag last Fall, and decided to try an Evans bag. It is smaller than the large Diamond bag, but it has some very nice features to it. I am a little hot and cold on the bag, because I use a bucket and have size 15 shoes, so I need a lot of room. But it was designed to be used by people who fly, so size is limited by that constraint.

But it is a very, very nice bag, and one worht looking into. I owe the Evans boys a full review, so when I send it to them I will post it here too.
Old Sat Feb 21, 2009, 12:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkumpire View Post
I sold my Diamond bag last Fall, and decided to try an Evans bag. It is smaller than the large Diamond bag, but it has some very nice features to it. I am a little hot and cold on the bag, because I use a bucket and have size 15 shoes, so I need a lot of room. But it was designed to be used by people who fly, so size is limited by that constraint.

But it is a very, very nice bag, and one worht looking into. I owe the Evans boys a full review, so when I send it to them I will post it here too.
Everyone is affected by their personal experience...here's mine:

I've had to fly with my gear at times for tournaments or just working games with friends while on vacation. My Diamond bag did not stand up to the rigors of baggage handlers and pick-up trucks. In less than a season, tears in the fabric developed and zippers failed.

My Evans bag, which has had no problems holding everything, including when I double up on some equipment, is easier to carry and manuever, gets no hassle over its size at airports, and is entering it's second season of service with no tears or sign of wear.

You'll enjoy it.
Old Mon Feb 23, 2009, 10:56pm
Is this a legal title?

For a less expensive gear bag...

I've been really happy with this one.

Champion Equipment Bag

It doesn't have all the small compartments or a divider, but it's so large that I use a few (of varying sizes) of those Rubbermaid or Sterlite plastic cases with the snap lids. A Sterlite 1960 model is 35" x 17" x 6" and fits--tightly--in the bottom. It holds all my clothes and hats, and one other small plastic box with all the small accessories. The front and end pockets are huge. I can fit both plate and base shoes in the end (only size 9 low tops for both, though; YMMV), and leg guards of any size fit in the front with room to spare. All I have to put in the main compartment with the large Sterlite box is the mask and chest protector, which leaves plenty of room for additional small boxes, whatever you want to carry loose, or one pair of shoes. If you have larger feet or wear high tops, you won't get two pair in the end pocket.

Since I already owned all the plastic boxes, this was a great choice for me at less than half the cost of the Wilson, Diamond or Evans bags. It won't be for everybody, but I didn't find the additional features of the more expensive bags to be worth that much extra cash. If you have to buy the boxes, though, the more expensive bags might be a better choice for you.

The Champion Equipment Bag, with shipping, plus a Sterlite 1960 and a couple of other smaller Sterlite boxes, can be had for about a hundred bucks. What I can store therein gets me through a six-game stretch (three on the stick, three on the pads) with no problem.
Old Fri Mar 06, 2009, 01:12am
Official Forum Member

I received the Diamond bag today and like it.

One question is what do you do with the dividers as they gave me 3.

Any help be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ted
Old Fri Mar 06, 2009, 08:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalfan View Post
and ironically my wife looked at it and said, "You spend a lot of money on umpiring equipment!"
my wife says the same thing...LOL

I also have the Wilson bag and love it.. I have travel with it, no problems there. It has a lot of room I have a CP and 2 pairs of shinguard, 2 masks in the bottom alone. Its easy to get around.

Last edited by Umpmazza; Fri Mar 06, 2009 at 08:22am.
Old Fri Mar 06, 2009, 08:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900 View Post
Are you serious? Hair spray shines shoes? I'm a shoe polish based spit-shiner (Esquire) but if this really works, I'll give it a try!
I was also told to try aquanet...LOL I had a buddy who did this..