Old Tue Dec 30, 2008, 08:08pm
Official Forum Member

New fed approved uni

But you can only wear it with charcoal pants and chain mail behind the plate:

Old Tue Dec 30, 2008, 08:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25 View Post
They also have purchased and used the burgundy shirts.

They know, however, never to wear these in any games I assign.
Unlike the brown, the burgundy actually goes quite well with either of the gray shades of pants now in fashion. I've got one (it's my local LL fields colors), and it's quite snappy.

Regards,
Mr. Blackwell Jr.

Last edited by kylejt; Tue Dec 30, 2008 at 08:22pm.
Old Wed Dec 31, 2008, 01:46am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorDave View Post
I regularly work as many as three to four plates in a day (six or seven games total per day on Thursday thru Sunday) in the summer during tourneys.
I used to pull that kind of umpiring duty myself, but as Billy Joel said, "I wore a younger man's clothes." Actually, in 2006 I was working 3 solo games every Saturday and some Sundays. But that got to be a little much for my bad health. I am making a comeback though, as I have recently dropped 40 lbs. since November 12th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorDave
Call me crazy. It's okay, I used to jump out of perfectly good airplanes. I'm used to it.
I was in This Man's Army myself (74-77), but opted not to jump out of perfectly good (or bad, for that matter) airplanes while doing so!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Wed Dec 31, 2008, 08:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Delaware Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt
Unlike the brown, the burgundy actually goes quite well with either of the gray shades of pants now in fashion. I've got one (it's my local LL fields colors), and it's quite snappy.

Regards,
Mr. Blackwell Jr.
Embroider a VT on the pocket and it also makes a nice golf shirt. Go Hokies!
Old Thu Jan 01, 2009, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

If you recall, MLB guys wore the sage gray shirts a few years ago when those ugly sage gray pants were introduced. Needless to say, the gray shirt experiment didn't last too long, and the pants followed a year or so later.
Old Thu Jan 01, 2009, 03:12pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAump View Post
Gray shirts. That would be gray on top of heather gray!
gray ump shirts
Well, then they would match perfectly with the gray area strikes were discussing!

When I spent the 2006 season with Smitties R Us umpire group (not the real name of the group, for those of you in Rio Linda), the head honcho was shirt crazy and expected us to buy whatever color shirt he felt like featuring for certain tournaments he had booked. I was just about to buy the +POS silver shirts when I was forced into retirement. Lucky for me. The big problem with this is we were required to have the association name embroidered on the shirts, which essentially ruined them for using in any other group.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Fri Jan 02, 2009, 12:07pm
Official Forum Member

I am a big fan of those guys who require you to wear a blank shirt, and they give you a cap with their patch or initials.
Old Fri Jan 02, 2009, 12:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25 View Post
If you recall, MLB guys wore the sage gray shirts a few years ago when those ugly sage gray pants were introduced. Needless to say, the gray shirt experiment didn't last too long, and the pants followed a year or so later.
I don't know why I have gray, but I work with one partner fairly often who also has gray, so we wear it as the warm weather alternative instead of cream. The gray shirts look good with the charcoal gray slacks.
Old Fri Jan 02, 2009, 02:40pm
Official Forum Member

I never did like those cream or white shirts. I feel like an ice cream vendor. The grays look better, IMHO.