The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 29, 2008, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

It took a while, but this post settles it. I'm with TT.
Old Mon Dec 29, 2008, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

A step and a reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmpTTS43 View Post
The "dirt area" should not be used to determine whether or not a runner who missed home can come back and correct his mistake. As long as he has not reached his dugout, he is allowed to go back and touch home. If such runner reaches, but does not enter, the dugout, and is making an attempt to touch home, he must be tagged for the out.Even though the "dirt area" was included in the D3K senarios, it has no place in determining when a runner can correct his non-touch of home. The protest would/should be upheld if one should arise. We cannot make up arbitrary rules for which there is no support.
There are only two instances when a player cannot go back and touch home. One, as stated, when he has entered the dugout, and two, when a following runner has scored.
Omitting the possibility of a quick tag out or to acknowledge a proper appeal play in situation A is also an arbitrary ruling on your part.

Last edited by SAump; Mon Dec 29, 2008 at 12:00pm.
Old Mon Dec 29, 2008, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAump View Post
Three wrongs do not make a right. Omitting the possibility to acknowledge a proper appeal play in situation A is also an arbitrary ruling on your part.

I am tempted to respond with "nor do an infinite number (or 1130 to date) SA posts contain a right", but if I did, I'd have to delete my post.

Please, stop trying to stir the pot. The correct answer has been given.
Old Mon Dec 29, 2008, 12:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAump View Post
Three wrongs do not make a right. Omitting the possibility to acknowledge a proper appeal play in situation A is also an arbitrary ruling on your part.
I was only responding to your incorrect interpretation of being able to use the "dirt circle" as some imaginary boundary that prohibits a runner from returning to the plate. Acknowledging a proper appeal requires acknowledging and understanding the proper rules. I have no idea what you are trying to convey in "situation A." Merely standing on the plate and stating that they are appealing does not constitute a proper in and of itself.
Old Mon Dec 29, 2008, 01:06pm
Official Forum Member

Coach, you are right about me ruling on the improper appeal being acceptable, but according to the AEA (Albert Einstein Annotated) concerning the relative time and space involved with this play, I stand my ground.
Closed Thread