The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Sep 27, 2008, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryB View Post
Axe fallen? I didn't see Drake's name in any box scores from last night (although I could have missed it).

Have to admit when his website went up my first thought was that he just killed his promotion chances.

And suddenly developing game management issues and inconsistency after ten or so years gets you dumped instead of the guy(s) who have been like that for twenty years?
What were these prior threads Tee and others are referring to? Id like to check them out but cant find them.

If you look at the box scores from last night - a few guys (Kevin Causey, Shawn Rakos, Mike Muchlinski) who havent worked a whole lot this year are up - and Rob isnt working.
Old Sat Sep 27, 2008, 11:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6 View Post
I'd like to see Rob's site back up again.
Don't be surprised if you see it, along with some posts of his sharing his days as a major league umpire/fill-in. At least by that time he'd legally be able to discuss them.
Old Sat Sep 27, 2008, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

~Sigh~

Quote:
"What were these prior threads Tee and others are referring to? Id like to check them out but cant find them."
I deleted them as I was trying to be too "cute" and not saying the obvious facts about Rob and the threads went an unintended direction.

Sorry they are gone.

Regards,
Old Sat Sep 27, 2008, 01:50pm
Official Forum Member

Tim_C

Thanks for all the advice over the years. I'm trying to read all your old posts. As a slow reader, I'm sure it will take a while.

I'm confused.

When you said,

"From the time the website was discovered until today, Rob's MLB evaluations have slowly eroded. Terms such as "game management issues" and "inconsistency of strike zone" have slipped into his evaluations.

"I have no more information than any of you. I don't have ties to MLB umpires or (the MLB offices) since Selig reorganized MLB offices".

It would seem to me that you would definitely have more inside information than the rest of us from someone inside MLB, if you know about terms being used in confidential umpires evaluations?

I'm not complaining. It just did not make sense.
Old Sat Sep 27, 2008, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

Ok,

Quote:
"It would seem to me that you would definitely have more inside information than the rest of us from someone inside MLB, if you know about terms being used in confidential umpires evaluations?"
My sources are no more official than Ump25, bobbybanaduck, and other ex-professional umpires.

Regards,